Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Wheelin with a 95-01 TT and Shackle?

Would a BW 1354 bolt up? I have one on the side of my house...
  2. B

Thanks man, Thats all I really needed to hear!
  3. B

Hey guys. I had a 92 and then 93 exploder. I took the rear sway bars off both, and had built quick discos for the front. I had also done the shackles and F150 coil seats on both and was able to fit 32" BFG MT's. I had the 93 first and transferred it all to the 92 when I got the 92. It...
  4. B

Is it possible to take the whole 4x4 w/e off?

Transfer case The T-Case is held to the tranny with 6 bolts I believe. But if you took that off you would have to change the output shaft and find the right parts off of a two wheel drive.
  5. B

sway bar question

Quick disconnects You don't have to cut the links man. I went to Home Depot and bought 2 clevis pins and 2 lynch pins. I removed the bottom bolt and replaced with said pins. Costed like 5 bucks. I'll post pics for you later.
  6. B

Problem installing block heater!!!

So glad... that I live in San Diego!
  7. B

94 Eddie Bauer

Yes It fits...
  8. B

air intakes for a 92 explorer

You could try.... IFAB... I've read a few posts on here about this kit. Don't have it yet, but it's what I plan on.. It's either www.ifab.net or www.ifab.com. Search for IFAB and you should be able to find it. You could also try KKM. I dont think either of the have a CARB number yet...
  9. B

How expensive

Craigslist all the way man!!! I got a set of ranger tires and rims for $125.00!
  10. B

How expensive

Cheap You could just do the f-150 coil seats and the warrior shackles for around $100.00. The tires will cost a little more than that. You could fit 32's after those parts go on....
  11. B

pic request:cut rear quarter panels?

Doesn't look good... Look at mine. I don't like the stock bumper with cut rear quarter panels.... http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...urrent=006.jpg
  12. B

Cut fenders for (1-2" "lift")

body damage... I bought the truck from someone who tailgated a Semi. The tire came off the semi and took out the front end. That's why i had to cut the front bumper. As far as the back goes, I took the chrome cover off the rear quarter panel, didn't like the way it looked, so I cut it.
  13. B

Cut fenders for (1-2" "lift")

F-150 Seats and Shackles http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/blueexpy/?action=view&current=006.jpg Here's mine on 32's with the F-150 coil seats and the warrior shackles with no other lift....
  14. B

tornado

Good theory but... It may spin the air in the intake tube, but what happens when that air hits the butterfly valve in your throttle body?
  15. B

91 explorer '03 front end conversion?

fiberwerx.... If you look hard enough, you'll see that McNiell's stuff is fiberwerx.... I am a fan of the 97-01 f-150 conversion for our trucks.... http://www.fiberwerx.com/html/ford/explorer/1piece_gallery03f150.html
  16. B

I have an electrical issue......

Check your.... Solenoid as well, up above the battery on the passenger fenderwell. I had a similar problem, replaced the alternator, then noticed a loose nut on that solenoid.
  17. B

5.9L CUMMINS 12V into 1991 Explorer

Hacksaw... That's a pretty big engine! You might have to cleas the engine bay out quite a bit...
  18. B

yakima rack, stay or go?

I personally think mine looks better, but it may be due to the tire that is filling it up like Josh said....
  19. B

yakima rack, stay or go?

The bar has the two lips on the bottom that actually slide in the rail that is screwed to the roof. Well, the two lips actually bent and pulled out of that rail. The entire roof rack was bouncing away from the roof... I'll get pictures later and show you....
  20. B

yakima rack, stay or go?

Keep it... I've got the same Yakima Load Warrior basket on my 4 door. Just slide it back farther until you can get the extension. I would also replace the stock roof rack bars with the Yakima versions. My stock rails have pulled out twice so far, I just can't afford those bars yet...
  21. B

93 Ex to 95 Ranger

Thanks, next question... Next question. As I am converting this to the manual tranny, do I need to take the steering column as well? The guy is already giving me the Engine, tranny, radiator, wiring harness, an extra flywheel, extra clutch, the pedals and all required clutch stuff. Should I...
  22. B

93 Ex to 95 Ranger

Similar The only difference I see is the upper intake on the 95 is made from plastic
  23. B

93 Ex to 95 Ranger

Thanks Ok, I guess it's a good thing that I got all the wiring and the computer then.
  24. B

93 Ex to 95 Ranger

Does anyone know if the 4.0 out of a 95 Ranger is the same type of engine that was in my 93 Ex? I say was because my 93 Ex has two cracked heads and I just bought a 95 Ranger 4.0 with all wiring, computer, tranny(going from auto to stick) clutch, pedals and radiator for $350.
  25. B

Need Help!

I'm sure I'm sure it is good. That was after driving it 60 miles from my dad's house to my apartment without a properly functioning Alternator. Thanks for the chart though, I'm sure that will be helpful in the future.:salute:
Back