Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N2FORD

Instrument cluster intermittent power loss

My father in law has an 05 Adrenalin and is having a similar issue. The truck was mine for several years but he now has it. The cluster went down in it, check engine light came on and the miles went to dashes. I did get it back working just doing the test but it only worked 2 days. The radio...
  2. N2FORD

Another dead 4.0

My old 05 ST Adrenalin that my 80 year old father in law bought from me years ago had a catastrophic engine failure. He really likes the truck and we have been fixing it as things go bad. There have been several things over the last few years. We did timing chains a couple of years ago with all...
  3. N2FORD

2003 Sport Trac Rear Quarter Panel removal/installation

I was able to get mine off with just taking the bed bolts out and moving it back a little bit to get to the front torx bolts. The big problem can be rusted bolts. Take your time and good luck.
  4. N2FORD

Sport Trac bed trailer project

I went with this project because I already had the ST bed from a friend that put a nicer one on his. I had another friend give me the axle when he changed his out. I bought the trailer for $200 and sold the wheels, tires and drop axle it came with for $150. The tool box was free and the ST...
  5. N2FORD

I have not but that might help. I will see how it does with some weight in it.
  6. N2FORD

Sorry for the long delay, I finally got around to painting the bed. I used truck bed spray coating and the ACE semi gloss paint over it. Got the spare tire mounted, lights working, a little rear bumper and a few other things. I have actually pulled it down the road and it does well except it's a...
  7. N2FORD

Wheel adapters

That looks like it might work. It says 12mm studs, Ford trucks have 14mm. Not sure if that would be an issue or not. I would try and verify that.
  8. N2FORD

Will 2009 Ford Edge 17 inch rims fit on a 2002 sport trac 16 rims currently

Wrong bolt pattern, Edge's have 5x108, ST's have 5x114.3.
  9. N2FORD

Wheel adapters

6x5.5 won't work. Ford truck wheels are 6x135. They sell the bolt on adapters, I have a set that I was running on one of my ST's at one point. I might be willing to sell them since my son totaled that truck a while back. They worked well for me and looked good having an 17's on it.
  10. N2FORD

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

I always enjoyed this thread. I went on a mild trail ride on Monday.
  11. N2FORD

2005 ST random misfire, help!

My father in laws 05 Adrenalin has a misfire. When I first got it from him I was getting a P0303. What is odd about it is that it only does it for about 10 seconds on a 20 mile drive. The CEL will flash but not set except one time. I tried plugs first, the only difference seemed to be the P0303...
  12. N2FORD

Running boards rock sliders

I might make some brackets to run back to the frame or something to run up to the reinforced areas of the floor. It feels really strong compared to the OE and after market running boards I have torn up over the years. I hope to get back out to Windrock soon and try them out.
  13. N2FORD

Running boards rock sliders

Over the years I have bent and ruined several sets of side steps and brackets off roading. I have looked at several rock sliders but did not really like them. I decided to try and come up with something on my own. After thinking about what I needed I wanted something smooth on the bottom and...
  14. N2FORD

Abs sensor hitting new rotor

Make sure the rotors are for 04 and 05, if I recall they are slightly bigger than 01-03's.
  15. N2FORD

Done with it. Drove to scrap yard

Sorry to hear that, I would have given more than that for it for parts. I have several Honda's and they are easier to work on. What did you replace it with?
  16. N2FORD

1999 Ranger 3.0 upgrade to 5.0 *ADDED* for a rear wheel drive "coil springs on the front" truck

97 GT's had 4.6 engines I thought. Is your truck coil sprung or torsion bar?
  17. N2FORD

Michelin Defender LTX MS + Vintage Ranchero's +

The original V8 that I swapped in burnt a piston several years ago. I was pulling a heavy trailer up Monterey mountain and it started smoking and missing. Anyway I replaced that engine with a 100k used engine, not sure of it's history. It has used a little oil but seems to be getting worse. I...
  18. N2FORD

V8 ST is doing good, seems to be using a little oil, no leaks or smoke so not sure whats going on. My son drives it several days a week rotating with the Ranger we have. We have done several off road trips at Windrock. I am in the process of making some custom rocksliders that I will post...
  19. N2FORD

I had a grabber blue 71 Cyclone GT 351 4V Cleveland. It was a fun car. I have enjoyed reading this thread.
  20. N2FORD

NAE5LTSTST...

Need pictures and details as you go. Always like seeing and reading about swaps.
  21. N2FORD

99 Ranger stall and no start***fixed***

It is back alive, PATS issue in the computer is what the problem was. The shop I use had a used computer. They installed it and reprogrammed it and now it's running as good as before the issue.
  22. N2FORD

99 Ranger stall and no start***fixed***

I have searched here and google and nothing that seems match my symptoms. My son's 99 3.0 Ranger wouldn't start earlier today then did. When he got home he was backing into the driveway and it stalled. He said lots of lights came on the dash. When I got to it the truck cranked but no start. I...
  23. N2FORD

Upgrade wheel base and suspension?

Spacers are the cheapest and easiest way to widen your stance. I am running 1 5/8 thick on the front and 2 inch in the rear at this time. I run the hubcentric type and they have worked well for me. Some will say don't run them but do what you feel safe doing. You can lift the front a little with...
  24. N2FORD

Not another V8 swap thread (N2Ford)

You could put a 96 or 97 computer in that doesn't need PATS. At least you could drive it, mine didn't run the best on the wrong computer but did run.
Back