Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 6

First gen blowing ignition fuses?

My 92 eddie blows main ignition fuses. I have no clue why or even where to look. Its blowing the 60amp in the power distribution box. About 2 months ago i was driving a hit a pothole and it just shut down, i popped the hood shook some wires, replaced the fuse and it was good. I drove it until...
  2. 6

Tachometer problem.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275462&highlight=tach+fix
  3. 6

Mustangs?

I have a 99 mounty with a 5.0. Was wondering if I could swap out the ecu for a mustang unit to give it a little bit more pep. Also I don't see why I couldn't get it to sound like a mustang. Would i need a certain type of exhuast system?
  4. 6

Door pull??

I just bought crank window doors from a xl out of the junkyard for my eddie bauer. I need the arm rest / door pull. The old ones are broken. I cant seem to find them anywhere? Can someone point me in the right direction?
  5. 6

Stumped...

My 99 5.0 Mountaineer just turned over 60k miles. The check engine light popped on a few days ago. Got it scanned by a friend at a local garage, the EGR valve is clogged. Bought a new EGR, but I dont understand how you loosen the bolt to replace it. No wrench thats big enough will fit in the...
  6. 6

1st Gen Drum To Disc Brake Conversion

Thanks, I just need to know if it will bolt up or what needs to be changed. I will be switching the whole axle.
  7. 6

1st Gen Drum To Disc Brake Conversion

I have a 1992 EB with a tweaked rear axle. Instead of dropping in another drum axle, I was going to upgrade to a 2nd gen disc brake axle. What is the newest bolt in axle that would work? Thanks.
  8. 6

Drive with 3 wheels anyone?

My rear drivers side wheel fell off the other day while I was doing about 35. 3 of the wheel studs snapped out of nowhere. A few months prior I did a rear brake job on it, tightened the lugs to 100 ft-lbs and didnt have a problem. So it folded in my rear quarter (got most of it straight), reamed...
  9. 6

First Gen Explorer In Action

Thats just an XL model. Note the roof rack delete and body color rear pillars.
  10. 6

They call me George Forman...

Dlee- That thing is CLEAN
  11. 6

Showing off some flex, and testing oldies...

Nice, I have an audioque hdc3 12". With an audioque aq3500d.1 amp. Im running 2600w rms daily, custom 2.2 cu. ft box tuned to 32hz. They like smaller boxes. But it bangs real hard. I hit 142.6 at the headrest on the termlab.
  12. 6

glass swap

Ok, im doing this on my phone for the first time. So excuse grammatical errors. But i have a 92 eddie bauer. It has the copper color windows. I hate them and want to get my fronts tinted black. I have a 99 mountaineer with the black tinted windows.They look to be the same size as the 92. If i go...
  13. 6

First gen auto to 5 speed swap

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  14. 6

I would definatly need a step by step how to on how to do this. I really like my 5 speed and am all for it. But I need to know where to plug this and that in, and where everything goes.
  15. 6

Did you happen do a write up on it?
  16. 6

I've searched high and low. My search skills might not be the best, but I really need you guys to put me in the right direction.
  17. 6

I have 2 first gens. A 92' EB (auto) and a 93' sport (5sp). My automatic is giving me problems and I just got the 5 speed rebuilt. The head gasket blew on the sport and i never liked that truck anyway. But I know I need the trans :rolleyes:, the ECU, and the radiator. What else do I need. The...
  18. 6

Knocking going over bumps slowly...

Yup, it's the radius arm bushings. If you wait too long then the housing where they go will get worn and you will have to replace way more than just the bushings.
  19. 6

Official ET/MPH List

I ran my 1993 5 speed, 4wd sport. It has 186,x.. miles on it, no LSD, and a collapsed lifter on cyl 6, weighed in a 3445 with 150lb driver. Took it to Maple Grove Raceway in PA. It was completly stripped and A/C compressor removed. I ran 3 passes with the best being 17.17 @82 mph. I couldn't get...
  20. 6

Good Deal?

I bought a near perfect fully loaded 1999 mounty 5.0 with 53,x.. miles for 3,000. I would say go for it
  21. 6

not really powerful

I've owned 5 first gens. All but one haul. The one that didn't move was a 1992 EB. I tried exhaust, intake, tune up, everything to get it to go like the others. The engine only had 44k original miles on it. So I put it in my other Eddie and it sprang to life. I never figured out what was wrong...
  22. 6

Radius Arm

Ah! Thats where I've seen it before. I knew the info was around. Thats perfect. Thanks
  23. 6

Radius Arm

Im about to change my radius arm bushings. I know there riveted in, so what size and how many bolts do I need to do it? Thakns Alot!
  24. 6

Clutch Questions

Ok. Thank you for your help everyone. My clutch is staying engaged all the time, so i have to ride it coming to a stoplight. And yes, I meant bumping it to neutral. I'll just use the clutch. My clutch was fried when I bought the truck but I didnt know, so I thought it was me. Im getting my...
  25. 6

Clutch Questions

So lets say im at a stop light on an incline. What should i do. And if your coasting to a red light, can you just pop in into neutral or use the clutch for that?
Back