Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Air Conditioning Always On

Thanks, You are correct, it appears that if it is over 50 degrees outside that the a/c will run in all the positions except for the panel setting. I learn something new everyday. thanks to all T
  2. T

Sunbum, Let me think about the trade. Umm nope sorry, to much time and effort already sunk into mine. Later dude T
  3. T

Hey, I've been looking around all morning on this issue, and all i found was info regarding older X's. I have a 1996 and my AC is always blowing cold air, no matter what the setting or position of the interior switches. So even if i put it on defrost it will blow cold air. Is this the...
  4. T

Lugging/Stalling at slow speed

Replace your wires. This happened to me before, and the plug wires were arching like crazy, they didn't look bad, but they were and the actually arched in the sparkplug hole, I replaced them and she purred like a kitten after that. Tim
  5. T

Thumping Noise Help

Oh and i forgot, it is more noticable when cold, and i can't if i switch it over to 4X4 it also is unnoticable. Thanks Tim
  6. T

Thumping Noise Help

Okay I really need everyone’s collective technical help on this one. Here are some details I've got a 96 4door XLT, it has an automatic tranny, and the 4.0. It has 99,000 miles on it also. Okay I get a thumping noise when decelerating from 44 mph to 30 mph, I can't pin point it, i've...
  7. T

Gerald Jarrett - Simpsonville, SC 2nd gen offroad - Herc

texas tissues Hey, excellent post with lots of great info. The only question i have is what type of material did you use to close off the tissue hole in the console? And where does one find it. Perhaps i'm just to much of a perfectionist, but i can't find much that will discretely cover...
  8. T

Transmission woes

Tranny Hell Okay, I just got the diaganosis, I'm going over to take alook myself, but here is the damage, The symptoms, Irregular shifting, noise at 3,000 rpms, loss of power. The cause: The front planet is shot which caused the following 1st set of clutch pack damaged, the ware...
  9. T

Transmission woes

tranny I've got a similiar problem with my 96 with 90k on it. I'm taking it to Cottman tomorrow to have it checked. I'll let you know the verdict. T
  10. T

Oil in Air Filter

Closure I just wanted to thank everyone for the help. It seems after a week of aggressive driving that my oil issue has finally been solved! Yeap it was a bad pcv valve. I put the new one in a week ago and have driven it all week and not a drop of oil in the air intake. Let this be a...
  11. T

Oil in Air Filter

Well, I am gonna drive it for the week and see how if any oil collects there now. But i am going to sleep better knowing the compression is good. thanks for all the help T
  12. T

Oil in Air Filter

check Compression and have a question Okay, In my quest to stop moving oil to the air intake through the tube from the oil filler i've done the following: 1. Drained and refilled oil to the correct levels 2. Changed the PCV valve 3. Checked the compression (New plugs and Wires while i...
  13. T

Oil in Air Filter

Thanks nosaj122081, I hope your wrong too! :) I just purchased a compresion test gauge and will be doing that this weekend. I'll know for sure the health of the engine when i'm done. Thanks again for the help ! T:
  14. T

Oil in Air Filter

PCV issue I thought of that too but when i check the PCV valve it seemed to be open (it rattled when i shook it) none the less i did replace that. Any other ideas? Thanks guys T
  15. T

Rolled my X 2 and half times

Human Life Everyone at one time has done something stupid. Driving a vehicle takes responsibility; this isn't something to be taken lightly. What if they guy you hit was killed in the rollover due to your stupidity? No one would be telling quirky little stories or sympathizing with you now.
  16. T

Oil in Air Filter

I just purchased a 1996 XLT explorer, and after starting the general maintinence I notice a substatial amount of oil in the MAF, and in the filter. After closer inspection I found the source of the oil was from the hose that connects to the air intake to the oil filler spout. I have no idea...
Back