Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

annoying noise

im desperate for any ideas please help me out
  2. B

annoying noise

yeah it is a 2wd if it is the bearing is it easy to replace them i have no clue or what soever doing this but i have some buddies who right now are unfortuneatly not here, should i just take it to the mechanics....how much do you think it would cost....how long will it take to fix it....
  3. B

annoying noise

okay i have a problem everytime i step on the brakes theres a screeching noise that comes out loudly, also when i turn doing at least 5-20 mph the screeching noise appear again......i have an idea i think the noise comes from the right front wheel (passenger side).... i took the tire out...
  4. B

k&n air intake

i tried to install it and except for one instace the noise havent came up since two days ago so hopefully it wont come up again..... i think it came from the throtle body and maf so i tighten the clamps down....
  5. B

k&n air intake

ill try to install it again becuase i just found out that it will cost me 40 bucks for restocking fee and i have to pay 20 more for shipping if i gave it back.........
  6. B

k&n air intake

ok i bought the air intake gen II from K&N and installed it correctly....it worked well for two days.....on the third day after using my ex arround town i parked it and turned it off after waiting for 10-20 mins i turned it on and and this weird noise came up it it sounded like a cow chocking on...
  7. B

damn air intake!!!!!!

hey did anyone ordered k$n gen 2 air intake which had a tube too short .... i already tried to install it (the kit) the tube was too short....it was about 3 inches short than the normal tube (the tube already connected to the given hoses and air sensor but the filter charger is not where...
  8. B

Top 5 Cheap Mods?

buy pulleys at least 80 bucks each..... gain a little bit of hp
  9. B

lowering options

hey al lol i dont know either that what he told me it exist some where im still trying to find it in the inet about the guy who owned the slammed ex ill ty but the dude is old about mid 40s so i dont think he would be here anytime soon and his shop gets a lot of buisness.....
  10. B

lowering options

i have a 2wd and i asked him what kits will he use he said a dealer in california will send him the monroe lowering kit and for the cost of everything including installation is 375 bucks which is not bad becuase i also got an estimation of 1000 bucks from another shop (which by the way the owner...
  11. B

lowering options

sorry thats the GOING FOR THE GUSTO THREAD
  12. B

lowering options

i wanted to know if any of you guys know any kit that will lower the ex since all i see are threads about lifting... anyway i saw the ex.express but it was expensive and i also the mguso thread which is not bad but read some problem post under it.... i went to a dealear and gave me an...
  13. B

fenders and running boards

does anyone know if the running board and the fender flares of the 98 eddie bauer will fit 98 xlt..... if it does how much would it cost...... or does this fender and running boards looks better...
  14. B

where online can i get cheap hyper white light

jim i have not seen it i think theres only three banners rotating right now.... any more suggestions?
  15. B

ANY MORE ONLINE SITE SUGGESTIONS
  16. B

ok i just recieved my clear corners and went to shop here in alaska for lights but all they have was the plasma blue 194.... im loking for hyper/extrme white that are cheap.... please suggest any sites......
  17. B

what bulbs to get

so its 9007 for headlights 3157 for turn signals and is it 168 or 194?
  18. B

194 LED's vs Standard 194's

does this fit the corner lenses...(194 LED)
  19. B

what bulbs to get

i just oredered clear corners from this site and i was wondering what bulbs should i buy to match evrything (including headlights) what sizes should i get and i really want superwhites.... please help..... and how do you silicone the corner lights becuase i will do it just to be safe
  20. B

clear corners from truck performance

sideswipe i ordered mine from truck performance also did you get the Toucan industries or is it the APC anyway how do you silicone the clear corners cuase i might do that just to be sure that it wouldnt leak
  21. B

Installed K&N GenII FIPK (pic)

hi i want to know if you are hvaing trouble with your gen II because i heard someone talking about hearing some whistling noise after it was installed is this true because i was thinking of buying one myself... any input will be helpful
  22. B

MAC Cold Air INSTALLED

im confuse okay im about to order a air intake K&N gen II until i heard this... does this noise comes from MAC only or is it alos from K&N and KKM? please response soon before i purchase one
  23. B

what site has the cheapest air intakes?

wrong info i went in the smartyparts.com and 170 bucks for 95-97 not 98 240 bucks for sohc 98 engines
  24. B

what site has the cheapest air intakes?

wow hey i just found out that they do make gen II air intakes for ex 97-00 i think anyway this is the link http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/137/categoryid/8/subcategoryid/33 but its 260 bucks for upto 26 hp/23 torque is it worth it
  25. B

spare tires out?!?>!? (exhaust question)

one more question i just looked underneath my ex and saw that the muffler i have on right now only has a single in single out instead of the dualin/single out......\ does the stock mufflers on ex come with dual/single? i almost ordered dual in/out now i guess i have to get singlein/dual...
Back