• Register Today It's free!

lowering options

blazedchimp

Reaction score
City, State
no permanent place
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 xlt
i wanted to know if any of you guys know any kit that will lower the ex since all i see are threads about lifting...

anyway i saw the ex.express but it was expensive and i also the mguso thread which is not bad but read some problem post under it....

i went to a dealear and gave me an estimate of 375 for a monroe 2" drop(instalation included) is that good....

i want it a little bit lower about 4" but he said the 2" is as low as it goes........

also about the airbags do you think it will be good to put one in after it is lowered

any response is valuebale and thanks in advance......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry thats the GOING FOR THE GUSTO THREAD

I used the Explorer express kit and it worked great.

Dead Link Removed

A dealer offered to lower it? That's strange. Anyway, it all depends on whether you have a 2WD or 4WD.

Originally posted by blazedchimp
i went to a dealear and gave me an estimate of 375 for a monroe 2" drop(instalation included) is that good....

What is a monroe drop?

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing.....

i have a 2wd and i asked him what kits will he use he said a dealer in california will send him the monroe lowering kit and for the cost of everything including installation is 375 bucks which is not bad becuase i also got an estimation of 1000 bucks from another shop (which by the way the owner own a 99 limited v8 explorer that is slammed)

anyway i recently asked lots people who knows a thing or two about airbags and told me that i can just gor for the 2 inch drop and put airbags and compressor in it....

please tell me your opinions.........

hey blazedchimp, I was wondering if you could ask that guy with the slammed explorer if he has heard of this site? If not, ask him to check it out.

hey al lol
i dont know either that what he told me it exist some where im still trying to find it in the inet

about the guy who owned the slammed ex ill ty but the dude is old about mid 40s so i dont think he would be here anytime soon and his shop gets a lot of buisness.....

Back