Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

The Ford Fiesta ECOnetic gets 65 MPG, but will not be sold in the USA.

I don't know, but I found this read interesting, and its in our back yard: http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911 Also, the Fusions are nice on the mpg's. Driving from Southern California to Washington my wife averaged 34-41 mpg. I can't remember where she hit 41 but that is...
  2. J

Which is right?

I think I got it figured out. There is an unecessary space between the 7 and the 3, so it is a 3.73 on an 8.8 inch. Now I know and knowing is half the battle :)
  3. J

Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out?

I voted white out, but that depends on solid white or white outline. Solid white is a No go for me, but oulined is a go.
  4. J

Which is right?

On my stock 03 X Sport XLS, it has an axle code of 46. On the chart from this site it says 46 is 3.73. I looked at the tag on the axle itself and I think it says 3.88. Here is what the tag looks like: _______________________ | V6140 | 7 3 88 3820...
  5. J

What is the official paint color of my Explorer?

I would say that is "Vapor Silver Clearcoat Metallic" Try and tell that to the DMV, though. http://www.carsdirect.com/ford/explorer/colors
  6. J

Hello from Silverdale

Hi all, New 03 Ex Sport 4wd owner in Silverdale. Current Mods: Seahawks Sticker Removing Pin Stripes (in progress 50%) Eventual Mods (i.e Christmas list for the wife:p:) Lift (if I figure out what type I want) Westin Grille/Brush guard K&N Air system CB GPS and thinking of an HHO...
  7. J

Removing Pin Striping

After removing the pin striping, I had to find something to take off the adhesive. Believe it or not, "WATERLESS HAND SANITIZER", a rag and a tiny bit of elbow grease got it off without damaging the finish. DO NOT use those Magic Eraser thingy bobbers, that requires waxing after words and took a...
  8. J

-Your Explorer-

1. 03 Sport XLS 4wd 2. $6500 3. 66k and some change 4. 67k and some change
  9. J

A few questions

I think that that will be my plan. It seems a majority of Sports are done that way. Thanks for the advice. Nice rig by the way
  10. J

A few questions

Hi all, New to the forums here, but I have a few questions to ask. 1) I have a 03 X Sport XLS (2 door) and would like to lift it at least 2.5-3" but am finding out a lot of info, but nothing on actually lifting it. My question is, if anybody has done it, what are the available options? (2)...
  11. J

Couldn't be much happier

Not yet, I don't have permissions yet. I will post as soon as I do. Cheers
  12. J

Couldn't be much happier

Yee Haw, Life is good today...I just bought a 2003 Explorer Sport XLS 4wd. Granted it was an unexpected purchase, but I couldn't pass it up. I've been wanting a 4wd rig for a while, but after my Focus was stolen and recovered the next day, I felt violated and refused to drive it, so I went to...
Back