Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Clean out

gone, sorry
  2. S

Clean out

Bump. I'd like to move that TSB kit for the SOHC timing chain down the road... anyone takers?
  3. S

Clean out

I can take some measurements so you can see if they will hit if you want.
  4. S

Clean out

Bump... Hooks are gone. Can't believe the shackles are around. Used warriors used to fly off the forum when they popped up. Is my price high?
  5. S

Varsity's 2000 Explorer Sport

Looks good. I miss hitting the trails in mine. The sports do well offroad. You'll be addicted now.
  6. S

Sport97's sport

I still pop in here every now and then. Thought I'd drop a pic of my newly redone f150... The rundown: 1994 f150 5.0 auto 4x4. 113k miles. Purchase price 1000 bucks running and inspected... then the repairs and new parts started to add up... New parts include: Bedsides Fenders Cab corners...
  7. S

Clean out

Perfect
  8. S

Clean out

Sounds good. I cannot promise I can get it in the mail on Saturday, I am going to be on the river all day. Monday I can have em out. I'll send you a PM on Friday, or you can send me a PM then.
  9. S

Clean out

Ok, both are boxed and ready to roll. 12 bucks flat rate medium box for shipping. Lets call it 45 bucks shipped on the shackles and 30 shipped on the tow hooks. Paypal.
  10. S

Clean out

Yes sir I do.
  11. S

Clean out

Man! I forgot about this, sorry! I've been so dang busy lately. And yes they fit anything 2nd gen or 1st gen. I will check out the boxes tomorrow as I need to mail something back for a return...
  12. S

Clean out

I will measure them on Monday, I am out of town for the weekend. They are roughly the same so I doubt you will see much difference between the 2 lift wise... I bet I can get them in a flat rate box that ships for like 12-13 bucks... I think thats the price of the medium flat rate box...
  13. S

Sport97's sport

Reading back over this thread was depressing. I miss the ol' girl. Hopefully she is still alive and ticking. I saw I had a lot of negative comments about how it ran and sounds it made, but they probably were all exaggerated a tad. Overall it was an awesome car. Minimal work and money needed put...
  14. S

Clean out

I'll even throw a fresh coat of black rustoleum on those shackles for the buyer. I bet I can get the pair into a flatrate box so shipping shouldn't be bad...
  15. S

Clean out

Its treating me decent. Miss the Burgh. I'm just up here for a little bit finishing my f150... Yes, never did get around to putting those shackles on my ex, but man they are well built...
  16. S

Clean out

PMed
  17. S

Clean out

Since I sold my explorer I guess it is time I clear out my pile of parts... Feel free to make an offer, I could use the money on my project f150, or to fix the fresh bumper damage on my 2012 focus:( 1) Tow hooks -SOLD 2) Lift shackles- SOLD 3) Stock front marker lights- These got scratched...
  18. S

"Red Bull"

I loved the look of my safari bar but it got so smashed up offroad. I bent the tubing on it, jacked up a bracket and pushed it into my bumper. It lowered my approach angle too much...
  19. S

Sport97's sport

Explorer is gone tomorrow for 2400. Fair price for both parties I feel. I could have squeaked more without the check engine light and the squeak but it needs to move sooner than later with the new car. Hopefully she will treat the new owner as well as she has treated me. I'll be sure to inform...
  20. S

Sport97's sport

It seems my time as come... Yesterday I bought a 2012 focus hatch. Titanium trim, yellow blaze tri-coat paint, all the toys except active park assist. Really nice car. I hope to in a few years get another ex to build and play with unless my girl talks me into a cherokee like she wants...
  21. S

Sport97's sport

I didn't know you sold your ex. I like the idea of the rt magnum. It fits my bill but they are hard to find with the hemi at a reasonable cost and i don't like the idea of owning a dodge. The whole car seems cheaply made to me.
  22. S

Sport97's sport

I am near the end of my relationship with the explorer. I'm looking for something newer. I really will miss the explorer and the fun of going offroad but I want something better on gas. I drive 25 miles highway to work each way 5 days a week. At 17mpg that could be a lot better with a newer car...
  23. S

Squeal ??? Wtf is it??

I will have to take a peak. I was thinking maybe a starter noise. A loose bolt would be nice... then again how did they tighten it? Did they have to drop the transmission?
  24. S

Squeal ??? Wtf is it??

Mine makes the noise just after the motor has started not while cranking. It only happens when the motor is cold, never when it is warm. My issue is definitely not a grind, it is a squeal/screech noise. It happens every single time I start the car cold. I know it is not a belt/pulley.
  25. S

Squeal ??? Wtf is it??

Hope so. I have also developed an exhaust leak just north of the drivers side cat. Not sure if it is related. Also have a CEL for lean o2 on bank 1. My o2 sensor was loose in the pipe. Tightened it down but it still needs replaced. When I did that is right about when I heard the squeal.
Back