Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Shocks Needed

Bilstein shocks I bought Bilstein shocks for my Explorer at Autozone for $50.00 a piece. I considered other shocks at the time but the price was irresistable. Bilstein shocks have been offered on GM, Ford and Toyota 4x4 trucks. Ive have yet to hear anyone having problems with these shocks. The...
  2. A

OHV 4.0 Swap to 4.0 SOHC???

Ford's V-6 Cologne motors are proven. Ford had used these motors for several years (back to late 60s early 70s). The motor is an excellent, durable design and was used in racing. It was used in the European Ford Granada, Capri,Granada Scorpio, Sierra among a few others I cant remember. (TVR used...
  3. A

Popping/Creaking in Front Pass. Wheel

Popping?Creaking? My EX has been doing the same thing ( I think). In reverse, you crank the wheel to the left almost all the way and sometimes POP! and now its doing it on the right side. I took it to a FORD dealer and they said aggghhh duh I dont see a problem with anything. Great human...
  4. A

Uneven braking force

Forgot to tell you. The 91-94 had what they (Ford) like to call RABS module. Its for the rear anti lock brakes which all vehicles in these years have. Some vehicles have 4-wheel ABS identified by the motor infront of the brake master cylinder. Some people dont like the RABS module and remove it...
  5. A

Uneven braking force

I had that problem on my EX. Ive watched mechanics do alot of strange things to my EX. Like the tire dealer who took my front left auto hub cover off and when they tried to put it back on and couldnt figure out why it wouldnt stay on, forced it on and put the rim back on. Wouldnt you know it my...
  6. A

Exployer Procomp MX-6 shocks

Shocks???? The question is Stic-o would you put them on your Exployer? I take it 1 is the stiffist setting?
  7. A

pro-comp shocks Stic-o, Did you father make any adjustments or are the shocks just stiff?
  8. A

Hype is right Hype is all Ive heard. (Believe it when you see it) Any Exployer pro-comp reps out there?....................I didnt think so.
  9. A

2 inch lift on 91 4x4

Lift, lift With my 91 with 31" tires, stock (no lift) I've never had a problem, even carrying heavy loads 4x4ing. I think most of these posts are prophetical. A 2" body lift and James Duff 2.5" sus. lift is practical not that expensive. Many people speak highly of JD's 2.5" lift. It seems to me...
  10. A

Has anyone used or know anything about these shocks? These are the ones that are gas, single piston design that have 6 way manual adjustment. Right know Im using Bilstein on my 91. But Im planning on doing a lift so I may have to puchase new shocks in the future. Any thoughts? Comments?
  11. A

I want an OX

e-locker If you want to price them, got to eatons web page. I cant remember if I called them or found out through the web site local shops that carried and would install the locker. The one I talked to was in Tucson. Unfortunately I havent installed one yet in my truck, like everybody else Ive...
  12. A

I want an OX

OX locker nah Eaton e-locker Eatons e-locker installed is around $600. Its true it close to ARB's airlocker but everyone forgets the price of the compressor. So if your willing to spend over a grand go right ahead.
  13. A

I want an OX

OX locker Eaton's e-locker
  14. A

4.0 to Aod adapter from AA

Yep 5.0 AOD conversion lookin better by the post Why does anyone want to spend that much money matching an AOD to the 4.0? For my money I would rather go for the 5.0, it would probably be cheaper,gas mileage isnt significantly different. The 5.0 in whatever form is going to have more torque and...
  15. A

ARB lockers vs. Eaton's E-locker

Does anyone know anything about Eaton's E-locker? From what Ive read it seems pretty good. Less complicated and less maintenence than ARBs air locker. Same principle, you hit a switch on the dash but insted of turning on an air compressor to engage the locker a solenoid is activated engaging the...
  16. A

suspension lifts for 91 Exployers

suspension lifts for 91 Exployers whats good? Since I know very little about suspension lifts, I would like to solicite your opinions. My truck is a 91 XLT 4x4. I dont want to lift it too high,a 4 " lift is what I had in mind. Im wondering what good kits are out there. Im planning later to put...
  17. A

what do you think of the 2002 explorer?

Why cant Ford and GM ever get it right. Look at GMs Blazer replacement, great motor but has the ground clearance of a minivan. Looks like ford has gravitated (no pun intended) towards the same vehicle concept. I think the rationale is most SUV drivers want their vehicles to drive like cars...
Back