Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

1996 Explorer 4x4 transmission

Hey people. I have a question that I hope will save me a bunch of possible useless labor. My 1996 Explorer has the 4.0l OHV auto with 4x4 and the trans has crapped out and will not go into any gear. My question is I have two other vehicles both with 4x4 and I want to know if the transmission...
  2. T

1991 Blue driver manual window arm rest

Hi everyone. I know I am looking for something that I may never find. I have a 1991 Explorer with manual windows and the blue interior. I need the driver door arm rest because it was missing when I bought it. I haven't been able to find any manual window Explorer near me in Fort Worth TX. Are...
  3. T

Well that didn't take long!

Hey Sandsprayer, I've got a 1972 LTD convertible sitting in my garage right now. :)
  4. T

Take 3 - 1999 Mercury Mountaineer

Looks nice. I have the Explorer/Mountaineer bug. Since 2001 I am now on # 20. Yes that is right #20. I buy them, fix them and flip them since 2017. In August 2017 I bought #4 and have made it up to #20 in only two years. Yes it is an addiction! LOL
  5. T

2000 Explorer 4.0 won't start

Ok just got home a little while ago and my daughter's Explorer won't start. She drove it Tuesday night and ran fine, parked it in driveway and then this morning it will crank but no start. I checked fuel pump and it's priming and engine just cranks. The first time I tried to start it I cycled...
  6. T

Water leak and I'm probably screwed

Well it looks like it is leaking on the back side of the top piece of the housing. Now since it is just a beater I have to figure out do I try to seal it or just break down and buy a new housing.
  7. T

The thermostat housing was leaking at the top and that I have fixed. I really don't think it is leaking along the seam of the lower housing but I suppose it is possible and I just can't see it. Time to break out the small mirror and light to go searching. Indiana Jones and the Invisible Leak. LOL
  8. T

Bought a 2001 XLS a few weeks ago with the SOHC 4.0 and it had a small water leak around the thermostat housing. I fixed it with a new gasket and then yesterday dropped in a new MAF sensor to get it running. Any way today I ran it down to the car wash and then stopped to get gas. All around...
  9. T

Driver side CV shaft

Ok this is going to be a really stupid question but when ordering the driver side CV shaft do I get front left or front right? I have 3 kids going from here to there and I am a bit brain fried right now so go easy on me. LOL I want to make sure I get the right part the first time.
  10. T

2000 4.0 SOHC won't start

My daughter's Explorer was running fine, has 187,x.. miles on it. It was last driven a few days ago and was parked in the driveway. I went out to start it and it will crank but the fuel pump is not priming. It is colder today than it has been for weeks. I checked the fuel pump shutoff and it has...
  11. T

Solved Everything you wanted to know about PATS.

I had the blinking theft light and code 1-6 but was able to reset without going to dealer. Stand outside with it locked, hold panic button for 2 seconds then use key to unlock door, get in and insert key and turn to on, horn should stop and theft light should go out.
  12. T

cranks but no start

UPDATE There is away to reset PATS when your theft light is blinking. Assuming you have fixed whatever the issue was this should work, it did for me. Withvehicle locked and standing outside press and hold panic button on key fob for 2 seconds. Unlock door with key get in and put key in ignition...
  13. T

cranks but no start

UPDATE There is away to reset PATS when your theft light is blinking. Assuming you have fixed whatever the issue was this should work, it did for me. Withvehicle locked and standing outside press and hold panic button on key fob for 2 seconds. Unlock door with key get in and put key in ignition...
  14. T

cranks but no start

No it is not a flood vehicle.
  15. T

cranks but no start

Bit of an update. When put key in and turn to start no CEL and after letting it sit for 2-3 minutes with the theft light blinking fast it will stop and then flash a 1 6 code??
  16. T

cranks but no start

There is a small blue piece that inserts into the left hand side of the piece in the photo. It has a small metal contact that the Key cylinder makes contact with when it is inserted (the whole cylinder not the key itself). This was hanging loose and I assume the previous owner either did not see...
  17. T

cranks but no start

I bought a 99 Mounty the other day that does not run. V8 AWD and the theft light blinks when try to start it. Cranks but no start. Check some parts with a known running V8, coil packs are good, all fuses are good, fuel pump relay is good and the inertia switch is not tripped. The blue...
  18. T

O/D light flashing

Not to hijack your thread but I have a similar problem. Bought a 2000 Explorer with 4.0L OHV with the 5R55E. Guy said the OD light started flashing and he just parked it. I drove it home and no OD light flashing was present. Now it does have a bad tach that stays stuck on 4500 RPM most of the...
  19. T

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

I have a question about this before I start hacking up the duct work. I have a 98 EB with the EATC and it works great on AC, will move from floor to vent to defrost no problem but it will not put out heat. I ran the diagnostic and got code 024 and 025 so from reading what I did I still am not...
  20. T

A/C and window issue

No one has any thoughts on this?
  21. T

A/C and window issue

My brother just called me and a new to him 98 EB just lost the A/C, power windows and the ABS light came on. I have not had a chance to go check it out and he isn't real mechanically inclined. So any thoughts how they could all be related and what would cause this just driving down the road. My...
  22. T

Advice after I removed roof from 05 mountaineer

Several people on there have done the same thing in the past. You have several options to make a cover to go over it and the easiest might be using some diamond plate aluminum and bending it to shape. Good luck and I hope it turns out for you. Don't be discouraged by people that have no vision...
Back