Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

4x4 stopped working on a hill.....then started working again?

After searching(maybe i'm searching wrong words?), it seems that for my application I just need to get a T-case from a 95-2000 Explorer/Ranger with the manual and i'll be good to go? I don't really care if the 4wd lights work or not. Also, it seems there were mixed reviews in whether or not...
  2. T

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Ehh, it's a tad more over hang than i'd like, but for my uses it's just fine. I just didn't wanna have NO bumper and I couldn't afford to have some pimpy tube bumper made.
  3. T

Awesome!! Thank you very much. I'll look/search into that option.
  4. T

I was wheeling today and admittedly I was in some pretty nasty rocks climbing this hill. When I got hung up on my rear gas tank skid plate/rear-front spring hangers, my buddies/spotters noticed my front wheels weren't pulling and the drive shaft wasn't turning! It had worked fine all day, and...
  5. T

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

I agree, but I think I just over-did it on the last trail we ran. They even warned that I should probably park and ride up with one of the other guys. I figured i'd made it this far, why not go ahead. The last trail we ran was giant "V" notch that had some crossovers making it twist the body...
  6. T

4x4 Stopped Working

I figure this thread might be the best place to post this, as I didn't know how to search for my exact problem, but this topic kinda covers it. I was wheeling today and admittedly I was in some pretty nasty rocks climbing this hill. When I got hung up on my rear gas tank skid plate/rear-front...
  7. T

Idea/thought about front receiver winch mount

I was thinking it'd just be 2 bolts(one on each side). :( Would be quicker than the swaybar endlink disconnect that takes me about 2 minutes.
  8. T

Idea/thought about front receiver winch mount

I'm going to have someone build a winch mount with a 2" receiver, this is no big deal and has been done a billion times...or they've just bought one pre-made. This may be a dumb idea, but i'm just thinking/typing out loud. I was wondering once a generic layout of the mount is made(like...
  9. T

Front mounted hitch receiver.

It took some hard tugs this weekend!!! Like running YANKS to get me off this damn log I slipped the rear axle over. Still holdin' strong. ;)
  10. T

Front mounted hitch receiver.

I know mine isn't an 02-05, but I imagine they're nearly the same. You can scour Craigslist for a random whatever Class hitch you need, and just have a buddy with a plasma/welder make it work how you want it. The one I used was some random universal hitch. We basically flipped it upside down...
  11. T

Drivers Mirror & Tie Down Hooks

Next time try PartsGeek.com I just replaced my drivers side mirror and it was like 27 dollars. It's an easy door panel removal and 3 10mm nut removal, unplug/plug back up. Took me maybe 10 minutes.
  12. T

A 96 explorer with 35s

After hooking up with a Jeep guy, i've decided to bite the bullet and solid axle mine. He seems to think a 3 link with a track bar would be best/easiest(as I don't want leaf's in front). 35's will be what I will be running.
  13. T

How to: 2nd gen bodylift - PA 883 Bodylift Instructions

Picture is worth a thousand words! That'll help!
  14. T

All Tennessee Members Please Post Here!!!

I've still got the IFS in mine, but i'm leaning HEAVILY toward a coil/link/Dana 30 and spring over in the back.
  15. T

All Tennessee Members Please Post Here!!!

I think I recognize that spot you're at. Is that at Windrock? Real rocky/"steps" just ahead? I think i'm done wheelin' for a while. This cold weather doesn't motivate me in the least.
  16. T

Front mount hitch

Good info, thanks!
  17. T

Front mount hitch

May I inquire as to why bolting vs. welding? I'm just curious. Welding seemed quicker as it provided no obstructions(that I could see)from accessing damagable parts. And +1 on the location. Thats kinda why i'm reluctant to install one in the rear. They hang so low.
  18. T

Front mount hitch

....aaaaaaand how would you have done it differently?
  19. T

Front mount hitch

I thoroughly thought of that before I screwed myself over with that!!! The trans cooler lines are kinda snaked up over the bar, but they aren't crimped and could be R/R'd if need be in the future. It's also far enough forward(we believe) that it won't get in the way during a SAS(say for a...
  20. T

Front mount hitch

In my efforts to make my Explorer a better off road vehicle, i've started with things it needs the most.....RECOVER POINTS! ;) Not really bashing it, but I have gotten stuck twice and needed a tug, one from the front and one from the back. I got a set of hooks mounted on the back frame ends...
  21. T

Aussie Lockers for 8.8 on back order

Are there any other places to purchase these for <250$>?
  22. T

If you are thinking of buying Autozone Shackles

I guess i'm one of the smart guys that solved the problem. ;) I think the instructions in the kit even mention something about that. :)
  23. T

Summit Racing Body Lift?

Maybe yours was already cranked up to compensate? When I got my XLS, I thought someone had put smaller tires on it due to fender gap. I put the rear shackles on it and only needed to raise my front about 1/2" to level it out.
  24. T

Did you use the smaller diameter bolts with the kit, or did you re-use/re drill for the OE Ford bolts? Having a smaller diameter bolt in that sleeve would cause more side/irregular loading.
  25. T

Red loctite is your friend....why would you NOT use it?
Back