Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Remanufactured Transmission = $3,800 installed, fix or junk explorer?

While we are on the subject, I have a 2002 EB with 221,000 miles on it that needs a transmission...its CA so the usual amount of rot is not present...its in Burlington MA if anyone is interested...IM me for details...Barry
  2. N

Power Outlet Corroded

Do you happen to have the part#? The one in my 05 Limited pulls out partially if I plug in my GPS so I have to push it back in Barry
  3. N

rear liftgate rattle...

It would be great if we could revive this thread? I just bought a 2005 Ex Limited and the noise from the rear hatch has been bothering me so I decided to do some experimenting just to see what would happen. So I took a small piece of Velcro (the furry side) and wrapped it almost all the way...
  4. N

Transmission issues help

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377937&highlight=bgn
  5. N

doors frozen shut

Try this stuff--1Z Einszett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege--it works really well and its available from most the usual online retailers--regards Barry
  6. N

2005 Limited

I am going to look at an 05 Limited with 119,000 miles in Exeter NH tomorrow...this Ford dealer is asking 10K...I am taking to another Ford dealer to have them look at it...wish me luck...regards Barry
  7. N

Don't buy 3rd Gen with 4.0L

So if I do go with the 4.6L what maintenance issues should I look at? I know that the spark plugs can be a problem on this motor so if the mileage is around 100000 then I could make sure that they change them but what else should I look for?
  8. N

The reason I am thinking about the 4.0L is gas mileage as my commute is 40 miles one way--the red one has rear AC which can be a problem in itself but otherwise the car looks good and its a half hour from me--the grey 2006 will need running boards which the dealer would replace for $475...
  9. N

I am thinking about buying either an 05 EB or an 06 Limited and both have just over 100000 miles on their 4.0L's. Do these engine problems with the 4.0L exist in these years as well? I was driving my 02 EB 4.6L until a few weeks ago when the original transmission went after 221,000 miles. That...
  10. N

What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

I tried Marvel Mystery Oil for the first time--my 4.6L is really noisy but this stuff does a great job at quieting the noise--much better than any Lucas product, octane boosters or anything else I've tried! Barry :exp:
  11. N

3rd gen Explorer cargo area shade

The shade on my 02 EB makes an occasional rattling sound when closed...at first I thought it was the sunroof itself (like from the clips mentioned in other posts) but discovered today that when opened AND tapped lightly, it makes the same sound... any ideas on how to solve this? Barry
  12. N

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

Would you consider doing wiper arms from 02 EB, what would charge me? Barry
  13. N

2002 V8 software updates/gains?

Do you have any details on that shudder like when or how it would occur? When was this update released? Barry
  14. N

Aftermarket antenna masts?

I have the same problem with the plastic antenna base on my 02 EB...it has pulled away slightly from the fender like the one above...how I fix this?
  15. N

ETAC self test

Yesterday I tried the following test on my 02 Explorer EB with ETAC... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV6TVDR0TTA The test seems to work very much the way it does in the video but at the end I was getting a flashing 12 and 59...the Explorers do not have the same ETAC unit shown in the...
  16. N

just installed my engine heater what a PITA!!!

How do you know when these block heaters aren't working? My 91 doesn't seem to start or warmup any any easier when its plugged in--its been in now for at least five years--Barry
  17. N

Noisy when in 4x4, in decel or accell, but not in coast

Check your U-joints--I had the exact same problem with my 91 Sport only it wasn't happening consistently--turned out the left U-joint was almost frozen--haven't heard that whirring sound since--Barry
  18. N

Underhood Fuel Smell and Where oh where is the evap canisitor located?

Well I went to my local Ford dealer and bought a E6ZZ-9C915-A Valve Assy for my 91 Sport just shy of 200,000 miles--otherwise known as the purge solenoid as I've had extreme fuel smell on an intermittent basis for a while now. We went on a 150 mile trip for vacation and it was fine--a couple of...
Back