Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Rusty Tailgate Posts

Thanks. I have been rooting around the internet....found the part number, but it appears to be an integral part of a larger assembly, as you suggest. I'll try to attach that exploded view. No longer in production. That pretty much leaves me with trying to cut all or part of one...
  2. S

Rusty Tailgate Posts

I have seen "rust repair"parts for other trucks for this area, but find none for Sport Trac. Does one exist to your knowledge? Or is this a situation where we would have to fabricate and weld, once cut back to solid metal? My biggest concern is not messing up the painted sheet metal...
  3. S

Rusty Tailgate Posts

4. S

Rusty Tailgate Posts

Hoping this works......
  5. S

Rusty Tailgate Posts

Thank you sir......appreciate the tip!
  6. S

Rusty Tailgate Posts

Well...that didn't work. Linux computer. May have to go to a windows computer.
  7. S

Rusty Tailgate Posts

Hope this helps. No access from the backside. Pretty limited room.
  8. S

Rusty Tailgate Posts

2001 Sport Trac, basic. The tail gate posts, right where the tailgate "hinges" are mounted, are rusting out. Not critical yet, but won't be long on the passenger side. Has anyone out there had experience in repairing these? Are there rust repair parts available? Any help would be...
  9. S

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

Overhead Console - Temp Readout My overhead works, but not correctly. Would anyone have experienced inaccurate temperature readout, as in 7-10 degrees hot? Would the 510 resistor issue possibly cause this?
  10. S

01 sport trac- relay box 4 ?

power door locks 2001 Sport Trac, Job 2 4x4, 4.0. , date of mfr 9/00 (per the tag on driver's door) First post, so be gentle!! If it needs to be moved, please do so, and my apologies! While trying to fix one problem (fuel pump intermittent on prime - and it's looking more and more like the...
Back