1992 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1. B

92 Aerostar, EEC-IV dead?

Hi all, first time posting here, but I'm going absolutely mad. Have a 1992 Aerostar XLT (4.0L, E4WD) that has been passed down through a couple generation in my family. My grandmother got it new, gave it to my mom about 5 years ago. She wrecked it, got it fixed up new, then the alternator died...
  2. T

will a lift kit for a 92 ranger fit my 92 explorer

will the lift kit of a 92 ranger fit my 92 explorer? I found a setup on craigslist and I was wanting to know if these parts are compatible and if so. what other parts are compatible? ( obviously not the beds haha):salute:
  3. D

Recalibrating the Speedometer

I am going to be switching from a P235/75R15 to a P245/75R16. Reason being is I want to use wheels from a 2002 Ford Ranger. What is the procedure for recalibrating a speedometer for a 1992 Explorer XLT? Right now there are stock size tires (P235/75R15's) and the speedometer reads 5mph faster...
  4. S

'92 Explorer Brake Issues

So, I've checked my pads and shoes on my brakes, and all seem to be fine, yet when I press down on my brake pedal, I get a wooshing kind of a sound, even when my explorer is in park. When I am driving (or was driving I should say) I get the same sound, and it feels like only my front brakes are...
  5. M

need 1992 stereo wiring diagram for a two door four wheel drive.

i am looking for either a complete 1992 ford explorer wiring diagram or a just the radio diagram. it is a two door and 4 wheel drive. not sure which radio system came with it the regular or the premium but on the back of the stock radio it had two connectors. (1) was an 8 pin straight connector...
  6. kyleq805

92 explorer front end

i have been thinking about installing a full size bronco front suspension on my 1992 explorer xlt 4wd. i was wondering if anyone has done this to their explorers or rangers. and if so on the coil buckets and radious arm bracket and arms did anyone use the fabtech mounts or make the bronco/ f150...
  7. A

Transmission Q

I got this 1992 ford explorer two years ago from an uncle of mine who had no problems with the transmission. Im pretty sure he had said someone had done some work to it at some point as well.... During the first year that I had it, the transmission would shift up into what I believe is 5th...
  8. Fakrwee 1992 Convertable Navajo

Fakrwee 1992 Convertable Navajo

9. Fakrwee 1992 Convertable Navajo

10. Fakrwee 1992 Convertable Navajo

11. Little bit o'mud

Little bit o'mud

We decided to go and play in a not so dry lake bed in Jashua Tree, CA. Well looks like my Geolanders do fairly well in the nasty stuff.
  12. 1992 Beater 4x4

1992 Beater 4x4

13. flex

flex

Playing around on what we call Joe Davis hills. Breaking in the new suspention
  14. hill

hill

Playing around on what we call Joe Davis hills. Breaking in the new suspention
  15. after lift 3

after lift 3

16. after lift 2

after lift 2

17. Lift complete

Lift complete

18. 1992 Explorer

1992 Explorer

Picture of Ex for sale
  19. My X's Engine Bay

My X's Engine Bay

4.0 w/KKM kit and induction kit.
  20. 1978 Courier and 92 Explorer

1978 Courier and 92 Explorer

This is my Dad's 1978 Ford Courier. He has had it since new in '78
  21. The three identical Explorers

The three identical Explorers

Here are the 3 identical Explorers my family owns. Mine is on the far right.
  22. My other hobby

My other hobby

Owned the Hog for ten years now - - great ride and a lot of fun to get out and cruise the backroads
  23. My Navajo

My Navajo

My Navajo... Once I get the XLT built the Navajo is Going to be my Daily Driver.
Back