p0442 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

p0442

1. M

2002 Explorer new (rebuilt engine) coding P0442

So, long story short. I spun the bearings out in the desert (lucky me)... and went engine shopping. I found a shop that said they would install a rebuilt engine, with an unlimited mileage 6 year warranty. Sounds like just the deal for my lazy butt. I go, engine swap (new engine is leaking...
  2. L

P0442 Evap Leak - 2006 Explorer XLT 4.0L

Hello, I have an '06 Explorer XLT with a 4.0L with DTC P0442. I can hear a pinhole leak coming from either under the hood or floor board area. I am not sure if it has to do with the Evap code, but I bet it does though. Are there any common problems with vapor hoses leaking or something similar...
  3. L

P0442 code 2006 Explorer XLT - can hear leak

Hello all, Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I have a 2006 Ford Explorer XLT that threw the code P0442 (small evap leak). Under engine load, I can hear the hissing of the leak. I believe it is coming from under the hood. Idling however, no such luck, and cannot hear it. I...
  4. O

Can a P0442 CEL code effect my braking? Please help.

I have a 2006 Explorer V6. Ran perfect. On the way home Got a CEL P0442 code P0442 - EVAP Control System Leak Detected (Small Leak) Now the twist, I'm hoping this narrows down the problem. It started happening a day or two after the CEL light when on. Normally when I am coming to a stop and...
  5. J

p0442 and bad gas mileage

Hey, my name is Josh and I'm new to the forum although I have been reading around on here for a while. I'm in college and I've been driving a light blue '97 Explorer Sport SOHC for the past year now. It currently has 31x10.5x15s on black Pro Comp 15x8s. It also has a cone air filter and dynomax...
Back