06 A/C blowing through defrost | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 A/C blowing through defrost

cbreath

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLS
So I got a carwash today clean the inside and whatnot yada yada, and when I got back in my car I noticed the A/C wasn't blowing. Later I realized it was only going through the defrost vents, no matter what option I set it to. is it possible they screwed up while vacuuming or is this a coincidence? Thanks

I realize this is old, but you haven't posted back. Open the glove box and look up toward the radio behind the dash.

Adjust the vent selector dial and you'll see a vacuum actuator move in and out. Issue, it's no longer attached to the flapper. The flap will break right where it connects to the actuator. Ford design defect. Why isn't there a class action lawsuit yet?

Alright thanks, I'll do that as soon as possible when I get back home later. But for now, the reason I haven't posted back is because I sort of rigged it with a dowel that I spray painted black to match the interior lol, and it's basically lodged in the front middle A/C vents forcing them to stay open where the air comes out. But now that it's winter (still in the 70s in Louisiana) this is becoming more important since i might need to start using the defrost, too. And removing the dowel every time I want to will become a pain, so I will check this out for sure.

I have a broken plastic piece as described. Anyone know how to fix this?

Back