1994 Aerostar with a 3.0L. Code 212. Grounded spout circuit. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Aerostar with a 3.0L. Code 212. Grounded spout circuit.

Reaction score
City, State
Atl. Ga.
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 3L Aerostar
I have tested out all components ( 2-3 times ) and all test out ok. My question is, before I start splitting wire bundles open,looking for the site of the ground, can the PIP sensor be bad and still make the signal ? Or is there anything you guys know about this that I cant find anywhere else ? I have read all over the net that the bad PIP sensors create strange symptoms. At $30 I would rather try replacing it than digging into the wiring harness, but it looks like thats next.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only in as far as I got flashing on the test light, but no, not w/ multimeter. I really dont know how w/ multi meter to look for a "square" profile... I might add that I went through this a couple of months ago, replaced coil and whole distributer w/ used ones from junkyard, and it worked fine till last week. Its to the point now that I'm thinking I'll just go ahead and pop the $33 for the pickup coil and put it on the loose dist. I have already before I do anything else. ( like take it to the auto electrical place ) Its beginning to drag out and there is enough of the harness that is difficult to get to, and since all but the PIP has tested out as good, I dont think that it will be cost prohibitive.
How do I test it w/ the multi meter ?

Back