Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1st gen x lowering help

Discussion in 'Seriously Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tec' started by 93ltd4d, June 20, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 93ltd4d

93ltd4d New Member

City, State:
      Atco,New Jersey
      I'm new to the forums this is my first thread so dont yell if I did something wrong. I have a lot of questions. I want to lower it three or four inches. If you could give me a link or give me a list of parts and how to go about doing this. Any help would be appreciated. Btw it's a 93 4x4 limited ex 4door

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Anime

Anime EF YEAH!! Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2018 EX Sport Concept
      The max you can lower a first gen 4x4 is about 2 inches. The TTB in the front doesn't allow more than that if you still want enough suspension travel for driving on the road.

You can get 2" drop coils for the front, and either use 2" lowering blocks in the rear, or use the leaf springs from a 2 door Sport, or have the stock springs de-arched to match the drop on the front.

4. 93ltd4d

93ltd4d New Member

City, State:
      Atco,New Jersey
      I heard that ranger drop coils work for the front end. Will the diff housing hit the ground on bumps or is 2 inches not low enough. Are leafs easier than blocks. If not I don't know where I can get a hold of lowering blocks. Also do you know of any fulll body kit