Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Ball Joints

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by phuture2, July 16, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. phuture2

phuture2 New Member

City, State:
    Howell
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 Mountaineer
    I Have purchased new upper control arms for my 2002 Mountaineer. Is there anything special or does anybody have the procedure to replace the control arms on this model Mercury? I am also doing the lower Ball boints as well. I have the press to install and remove the lowers.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. swetrid

swetrid Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Reading Pa
    1999 Eddie Bauer
    Uppers are bolted in, lowers must be pressed in and out.

4. esclamada

esclamada Active Member

City, State:
    KCMO
    '02 Mountaineer AWD V8
    RR is very straightforward and easy for the control arms, just loosen the bushings so that you could move them freely when loosening and installing. Tighten once the bolts are torqued in. Also note that it uses shims to secure in place. Also put in red loctite to the bolts.

Alignment is necessary otherwise you're going to end up with new tires soon.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124128207655339.20344.110528882348605

We Support Our Troops!