2004 Mountaineer need to replace speaker | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Mountaineer need to replace speaker

faithchris2

Reaction score
City, State
Biglerville, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mercury Mountaineer
I cannot find anything online or here on how to take off the door panel properly for a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer? It is different then any video I have seen there seems to be a screw at the door handle that I cannot get to. It seems to curve in and I just don't know for fear of pulling it out too far and breaking something? Any ideas ? I have searched and watched every Utube O can think of but none of the are for the 2004 model and don't match up. Please help me if you and tell me what kind of tool I need to get to get this driver door panel off safely.
I also need to repair the heated seats in my car and read they just need sodiering? Can you help me on that one also?
Thank You in advance for your time and troubles :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am so grateful for this information and with pictures it is the best!!! I will go out now and work on it and let you know if it works for me!! My fingers are crossed (figure of speech since I couldn't do anything with them crossed). I just don't seem to have any screwed at the bottom of my door so I am uncertain it will be the same but maybe most of it will be. ?? I will check it out maybe they were taken out years ago before I got it? Thank you so very much I will be back and let you know how it worked out!! ;)
I never heard these cars call 3rd generation so that must be why I could find anything on it ?

I never heard these cars call 3rd generation so that must be why I could find anything on it ?

Not just that, but you were probably searching for "mountaineer" which won't turn up results because the explorer is used as the base since they are more prevalent.

Not just that, but you were probably searching for "mountaineer" which won't turn up results because the explorer is used as the base since they are more prevalent.

That is exactly what I was searching for and I must THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH it worked like a charm and I have my new Speakers in and I am thrilled you know how frustrating it is going around for a year with no driver side speaker? It is so nice now THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I just wanted to sit in the car for awhile and enjoy it but didn't have time a lot of time for that but soon my trips are coming up like this weekend for one.
So, I guess I need to look up the same for the heated seats to find out how to fix them also? Not that I am in a hurry to fix them at the moment but I would like to get them fixed before fall.
Your the best !!!:):):):):)

Back