2015 Explorer Storm Chasing Install/Mods | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Storm Chasing Install/Mods

Yup! Getting ready to get the grill painted black as well as the rear chrome strip above the license plate. Then I'm adding a Selina push bumper and a Whelen pioneer flood light. Should look something like this....
It would be very helpful if you add the 'trim' level (base, XLT, etc) to your profile so that it shows in the margin and the members know which one we are talking about. If you have Active Cruise Control, the push bar will render it useless since it will cover the radar unit. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fordexplorer_grille_black.jpg

How did you run the wires for your license plate lights?

Not sure since I had FleetSafety do the install for me. I know its using a license plate bracket and the wires go through the body directly behind each light through a rubber grommet. I believe the wires are then coiled together and ran thought the existing grommet/hose that is used from ford for the factory license plate lights, windshield wiper ect.

Back