Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 230 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My current favorite pic of my heap:
IMG_0063.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New lift spacers should arrive and be installed soon.

Looks good bud!

Thanks Hbrichman! That means a lot since you know your explorer is my favorite on this site! I need to get a few more things before my expo is on your level!

Took the Ex own to the beach on Sunday for the first time, definatly a steep learning curve.
It's bog stock at the moment but I do have the rancho system sitting in the garage just waiting to go in and a solid state clutch to replace the failing one that's still in it due to spending money on things like fishing rods instead of my car...
A-8C75-4BCC-A849-AC40BA39C32F-300-0000002E8A9E899C.jpg

damn it, i was just in newcastle the other week, wish i could have seen you up there, i didnt see any other ford explorers in the newcatle area, my car in stockton beach was back a few pages on this thread :), nice explorer btw, some bfg all terrains would look killer on it, i have bfg mud terrains and they look to skinny for the car :( even cooper stt would set it off :)

damn it, i was just in newcastle the other week, wish i could have seen you up there, i didnt see any other ford explorers in the newcatle area, my car in stockton beach was back a few pages on this thread :), nice explorer btw, some bfg all terrains would look killer on it, i have bfg mud terrains and they look to skinny for the car :( even cooper stt would set it off :)

Yeah I saw your pics, told my misses that they were mine she near tore me a new one haha looks like you had fun though. Can't wait to get my Ex kitted out/fixed up, need to paint my trim its soo badly sun faded and warped.
I've seen a couple nice modded Ex's locally maybe they are forum members. If there are any locals on here we should organise a stocko run BBQ and fishing. Maybe after silly season though Everyman and his dog will be there for the next month.

Yeah I saw your pics, told my misses that they were mine she near tore me a new one haha looks like you had fun though. Can't wait to get my Ex kitted out/fixed up, need to paint my trim its soo badly sun faded and warped.
I've seen a couple nice modded Ex's locally maybe they are forum members. If there are any locals on here we should organise a stocko run BBQ and fishing. Maybe after silly season though Everyman and his dog will be there for the next month.
that would be very fun! i had heaps of fun up at stockton, ahaha, i went to the vg auto paint shop and bought some rustolium bed liner paint and did the trim, took around 6hrs with all the prep work and painting but well worth it, my trim was the worst that i have ever seen and it turned up a treat , ive seen a blue explorer with it and looks good, maybe make a thread with a stockton beach run, i would love to go back up there when it isnt so crowded i.e. new years weekend :p

Some more recent picks of the exploder
IMG_20121111_133427.jpg

My excellent parking skills

20121215_225558.jpg

Got to love muddy poll line roads and i climbed a nasty hill no problem my buddys jeep got stuck on! Proud of my exploder tonight! Haha

that is some awesome photos of your explorer!, what tyre, wheels and lift sizes are you running :), it looks soo awesome! :)

Getting closer to completion.

At the shop right now for a final pull, alignment, and paint. Awaiting them to yell at me about the BTF arms touching the coil when drooped :D

Question: I've honestly used thepotroast's old Explorer as a template for mine. 3" body lift and 2.25/1.75 BTF spacers with 285s. Does this look a little funky to anyone? There's something about my rig that looks not quite right.

The offset is +20mm so I think it might be that the tires aren't out far enough. I'll be considering wheel spacers once I get a measurement. Anyone see what I mean? Or am I just paranoid?

Attachments

• IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 3,136

Also in regards to the above post:

Attachments

• IMAG0287.jpg
    IMAG0287.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,221

Lose the mudflaps, 1" wheel spacers, and cut that bodylift in half :dunno:

other than that it looks pretty sweet

Lose the mudflaps, 1" wheel spacers, and cut that bodylift in half :dunno:

other than that it looks pretty sweet

That's exactly what I suspect should be done.

That thing is IN the air.

That thing is IN the air.

Bingo. I didn't think it would be this high. I went for what I thought would be thepotroast's and (someone else's) old 285 setup. No clue how this happened.

Somehow I got way off from this, which should be matched almost exactly:

picture056.jpg

Dubya, you switched out your OEM struts recently for the Monroe assemblies. I believe that the PotRoast was running his OEM struts still in those pics, so the springs had probably settled in by the time he took those pics. What you're seeing is probably just a reflection of the newness of your springs. I suspect they'll settle down over time and change the stance, hard to say by how much or over what time period though.

If you really don't like the look I'd suggest getting smaller spacers...maybe 1.75 front/1.25 rear, before considering removing and chopping down the body lift.

It'll be easier to align too.

I like the way you're thinking, excellent point Ronin.

I'll give it some time and keep the spacer lift chop in the back of my mind.

that is some awesome photos of your explorer!, what tyre, wheels and lift sizes are you running :), it looks soo awesome! :)

Thanks! Tires are 285 75 16 pep boys labled mt's on pro comp d window steelies And the lift is just strut spacers 2.25" front and 2" rear made by roadbully. I need new struts though.. Sagging really bad.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you really don't like the look I'd suggest getting smaller spacers...maybe 1.75 front/1.25 rear, before considering removing and chopping down the body lift.

It'll be easier to align too.

This. Scratch my suggestion on the bodylift hack

Back