4.0 SOHC how to hook onto it to pull? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 SOHC how to hook onto it to pull?

Brian_B

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty / 56 f-100
Hello all.

I have not been around here in a long time. I ran a quick search, but didn't find what I am looking for. The site has changed so much. Maybe its just me that can't find anything. :p:

We are pulling the 4.0 SOHC and 5R55E out of my old 2001 explorer (totaled). How do we hook to the engine? I can't see a safe way to hook to it.

Any advice or even a picture would be appreciated. We have the wiring and AC out of the way. The whole front end has been removed (the sheet metal and under structure). Its about ready to come out.

Thanks all,

Brian

I apologize if its in some easy to find spot. Anyway...back out to work now.

I wrapped a tow strap around the engine a couple of times when I pulled my 4.0 OHV...down around the oil pan. I had to use a ratchet strap to keep the front end of the engine from wanting to fall forward. It worked out just great. The chains on my engine sling were not long enough to get around the upper intake and I wanted to leave it on so the tow strap was the next best alternative for me.

Back