4th Gen Explorer Pictures | Page 41 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2009 Ford Explorer
Recent modifications: 265/65/18 Goodyear wrangler duratracs, and blacked out front and rear ford emblems along with the roof-rails
IMG_0518_zps9c3fa51b.jpg

IMG_0523_zpsb5a61c1e.jpg
IMG_0468_zps9d8df1a1.jpg

995f0cf0-9cc9-460f-b303-adabda2c143a_zps734f9f13.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally got around to doing some mods that iv wanted to do for a while.
Painted the headlights and also got some projector fogs.

Next will be painting the grill. I just hate chrome lol.

headlights2.jpg

headlights.jpg

The headlights look great!

I hate chrome as well, it just looks so tacky. I still haven't gotten around to painting my grille, though. I'm thinking about using some anthracite gray Plastidip on it.

Aloha! New member here... Thought I'd post a few pics of my '07 Explorer XLT V8 4x4. Let's see if I can figure out the photo upload process.

14705860768_0e1545fb0b_b.jpg

14889401941_6451d447f6_b.jpg

Looks great, selimited! I love that color.

Thinking I should have went with a full size brush guard?

Attachments

• explorer 9.PNG
    explorer 9.PNG
    478 KB · Views: 2,531

I think it looks good! It gives it a cleaner look than a full brush guard, so that's something. And you can give it to me if you decide you don't want it. :D

I think it looks descent Eric. I'm not a big fan of deflectors, but those can be useful.

If you're unhappy with it, maybe try attaching a Ford (or other of your choice) badge in the middle of the grill to break up the large open area.

Hey guys, its been a while for me on the forum. The brush guard looks cool and yes, its all about what your happy with on how you want to make your EX look.

I just finished installing all new Monroe Quick Struts with the Traxada Leveling / lift and it looks cool. I will try to post pics later in the day. I also had to replace the radiator in which it began leaking on me all of a sudden, changed thermo, water pump, had it tuned, running pretty good.

Always enjoy the forum and the EX's posted. Very informative as well.

I am still waiting on some LED lights for the Bull Bar. The G/F thinks full size BG looks "Bas Ass" lol. And it is easy to mount more side warning to (emergency lights) compared to the Bull Bar. The bug guard made covering the chrome trim on the hood easier.

I now have a trailer. I am thinking some black wheels and some lighting.

Attachments

• trailer 2.png
    trailer 2.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,692

Thinking I should have went with a full size brush guard?

I'm new around here but I think it looks good as-well, I'm glad you guys posted pics as I am debating TODAY about purchasing the same guard. I HATE how low the radiator hangs on my 06, and I'm looking for a mount to add a low wattage driving light up front also since the OE headlights are HORRIBLE. I am used to true HID's and to upgrade the OE housings to projectors is still way overpriced and time consuming right now.

Looking good! I can't get over how cool the emergency lights look, pretty bad-A!

Yep, looks good Eric. Pretty lady too:thumbsup:

Yep, looks good Eric. Pretty lady too:thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments guys. I will post another pic when the off road lights are installed.

I wanted to get a pic of her in a bikini with my truck but its getting cold out.

New guy here.

Recently got a black 06 limited. Fully loaded with the 4.6L. Much nicer that what i was used to driving. Have had it for about 2 weeks now and have already purchased a traxxx 2.5" lift and have a set of firestone 265's waiting to go on. After the dealer said they wont reflash the ecu for the tire change i went online and purchased a hypertech max energy tuner. I haven't taken any pictures yet. But will do today before the tires get put on.

F3BD7982-7678-4FFD-BD26-F1CD9ADDC4D7_zpsq9vd4cgw.jpg

couple pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,661
  • image-5.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,624
  • image-4.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,652
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,646

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back