• Register Today It's free!

92 wiring problems......

backfrmcolorado

Reaction score
City, State
Commerce Twp, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Eddie B explod*****
My 92 x has a few wireing problems. First thing i noticed when i bought it was it has a push bitton start. The ignotion tumbler is bad is what im told. Second thing i noticed was the is no power without the key on (no domelights). The keys gets turnd to the on position and everytging works. Radio gets reset everytime i turn the key off too. I have power windows that work but no power mirrior or locks that work. Then upon further investigation under the dash i found that at one time it had an alarm. Well needless to say there spliced and cut wires. There seemes to be two wire plugs unpluged with nowhere to go(had previous wires conected with alarm so i assume its all important) and also a whole wire loom thats cut with no plug or a visible.spot to go. Im kind of at a lost on what to do or where to go....wiring is not my strong suit.
Ill give more info if needed. Thanks to anyone who can help.

first thing for no hot at all times (dome lights, radio loosing power with key off) is ignition switch or anything obvious. you should have two large LG wires under the dash, to the right of the steering coulum. those should be hot at all times, then they feed through the ignition switch and then route to various places that need hot at all times.

second, i would take a pic of the affected areas and upload them on here so we can see what you are referring to.

Also check fuse 5, 30A in the underhood fuse box for the power door locks/power mirrors. both those items use the same fuse and should also be hot at all times.

Back