• Register Today It's free!

94 ford explorer front end clunk.

jawaiianzwyde

Reaction score
City, State
hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ford explorer
hi well the clunk happens when im applying pressure to the brakes then letting off. I checked my suspension yesterday and found the one of my bushings are hammered. i want to replace it but dont exactly know what the part is called. I think its the torchin bar. the part is connected to the front end then goes into the frame witch then has two bushings in and out that keeps the front end from moving. please any help would be great. Thanks.

hi well the clunk happens when im applying pressure to the brakes then letting off. I checked my suspension yesterday and found the one of my bushings are hammered. i want to replace it but dont exactly know what the part is called. I think its the torchin bar. the part is connected to the front end then goes into the frame witch then has two bushings in and out that keeps the front end from moving. please any help would be great. Thanks.
if i am understanding you correctly it sounds like it is the radius arm. It mounts to the frame and then extends out and attaches to the axle beam?

right on thank you guys! perfect info just wat i was looking for.

Back