• Register Today It's free!

95 3" Body lift will this work??

DannyD28

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995, XLT
I saw these kits for rangers on ebay, I have a 1995 Ford Explorer 4x4 and I am trying to figure out if these kits will work on my truck. I know i may need to order a new steering extension from Performance accesories as I have seen people say on this board. But will either of these kits work??

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that guy has the years all off on his specs. I believe the kits are for 95-97 Rangers or 98-00 Rangers. The kits everyone uses are either 853 or 883. You'd be best of getting the 853 kit or your '95. Thats the 95-97 kit.

Yeah.. the guy is wrong about the years. Check out Performance Accessories website for more info.

The most essential things you'll need from the kit, excluding the blocks, are the bumper brackets, steering extension, and radiator mounts. These kits would probably only get you the blocks you need.

If you got the 853 kit, you'd only need bumper brackets.

The first one the guy lists kit # 813. Without looking it up, that is probably the kit for a '90-'92 Ranger. About the only thing you would be able to use out of it is the lift blocks and maybe some bolts. If you get a kit # 853 it will come with the correct steering extenstion (which costs about $75 separately). The second auction doesn't list the kit #, but it appears to be the correct one. If it is kit # 853 then it is the right one. All you would need is new bumper lift brackets.

Thanks guys, information was very helpful. Will performance accessories sell me the bumper brackets I need, separately from the kit? Also, this may be a dumb question but will I need new shocks? And, what is the biggest tire I will be able to fit with TT, Shackles, and the 3" Body lift ? Thanks.

Danny...
You can order the bumper brackets from PA (usually). As long as you don't tell them they're going on an Explorer. Everyone uses the "I got in an accident" excuse. It'll probably work.

You won't need new shocks with the lift. No suspension componets change. Just the body.

The largest tire you can run is a 33. Unless you want to do major sheet metal trimming (cutting) like Jefe did to squeeze 35's in.

Thanks for the quick reply. Any recommendations for tires? I see that you have 32's, im kind of curious why you didnt go with 33's.?

the kit says ford ranger/splash 813... yes its
> performance accesories

This is the reply I got when I emailed the guy about the 2nd auction. I was interested in it too, and I just noticed this thread. Apparently, his auction is for the 813 kit also and is listing the wrong years for it.

Robb

Ha. I got the tires before the body lift. They rubbed so bad I had to lift it. And I really really wish they were 33's. But now I'm holding out for a suspension lift and then I'll go straight to 35's!

PS.. I love my BFG Muds!

Im probably going to order the lift from PA, but how do I go about asking them to sell me a kit for a 95-97 ranger (#853 kit) and asking for the bumper brackets from the 98-00 kit (#883). I dont know of an excuse of why I would want the other brackets, I certainly cant tell them its going on an explorer. If they arent that much,$$ I could just buy the kit and then call up later and order the right brackets....but then I have a set I dont need....what do you guys recommend I do? thanks..

But the kit from one place, the brackets from another.

Or just have your own brackets made.

Exactly what Yob said, buy the 853 from someone, then call another place, you could even call the same place, lets say 4wheelparts.com cause they have so many people taking orders, you could order the 853 kit, hang up, prolly call back in like 2 mins, and talk to someone else and say I need the brackets from the 883 blah blah, and you could prolly get em to send em to you.

Or you could make em yourself, but unless your handy with that stuff, or want it to be easy, I'd just order, I think i'm going to do that, since my front bumper doesn't align right, the back bumper took over 2 hours to fab the brackets for. Fabbing the front ones again today, in hopes the 2nd time they'll work.

Back