Adjust Front Bumper? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adjust Front Bumper?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm gonna in a little bit. Calm down everyone.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

You didn't just tell B. Obama to calm down, did you?

Obama needs a Chill Pill. =)

Where's that Ban button? :p:

I'm going to the garage, to sharpen my throwing knives.. for storlied :p:

=o

What should I be looking at for damage?

Take the bumper off and inspect the support brackets at the end of the chassis. Also with the bumper off, inspect it to see if its warped.

:salute:

Where's that Ban button? :p:

I'm going to the garage, to sharpen my throwing knives.. for storlied :p:

You said you didn't have knives:eek:

I need $5000 USD unmarked 10's and 20's in a plain brown envelope, in my mailbox by tomorrow morning, or I leak this to the public!:p:

:D

*sigh* At least you guys didn't break out into rhyming poems again... hahaha

What do you mean by warped anyways? It's a brand new bumper.

Warp:

1.to bend or twist out of shape, esp. from a straight or flat form, as timbers or flooring.
2.to bend or turn from the natural or true direction or course.
3.to distort or cause to distort from the truth, fact, true meaning, etc.; bias; falsify: Prejudice warps the mind.
4.a bend, twist, or variation from a straight or flat form in something, as in wood that has dried unevenly.

Lets go with definition number 4 since, in your context, its not a verb.

More here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/warp

If it is, what do I do?

We'll talk about what you do when you find out if it is.

Alright then..

And I do apologize for being so direct but you gotta have some self confidence and just do it w/o 20 people directing your every move.

Do%20It.jpg

Some people don't even take it off, I have seen some where they just put a jack towards the back side and jacked it up, and bent it back into spot......prolly not the best but ya...

So for you it would be the farthest towards the back of the bumper on the drivers side...

Like the song said ...."with a little less talk and a lot more action".

Alright, took it off.. didn't notice anything wrong other than the frame mount thing being kinda bent... but that's on the passenger side.. I'm putting it back on.. pushed the bumper as far up as I can and it seems the problem is fixed... won't know until I tighten everything all the way up... *taking a break* It's cold out.. lol..

I give up, it's a little better but whatever...

I'm telling you, something is bent .. remove the bumper, its gotta be either the bumper, or the tabs or ears the bumper bolts to .. or maybe even the chassis. Either way, removing the bumper should narrow it down.

Alright, took it off.. didn't notice anything wrong other than the frame mount thing being kinda bent... but that's on the passenger side.. I'm putting it back on.. pushed the bumper as far up as I can and it seems the problem is fixed... won't know until I tighten everything all the way up... *taking a break* It's cold out.. lol..

:D

Back