• Register Today It's free!

Alternator options

Drwesel

Reaction score
City, State
Escalon
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 explorer
So I work on Ford's for a living, I noticed that a 6.0l diesel has the same bolt pattern. All you need is the pigtail for the connection. I have already boltes it up. I will post as soon as I get it running and let you know how it goes . Also the reason is I installed an electric cooling fan from my focus with two speeds so when the AC and the fan is on high speed my alternator can't keep up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the pigtail spliced in and running, the alternator works great and has more juice then the original.

Upgrade your cables...more amps means more current means more heat through the wire...too little = melted cables & a fire hazard.

Upgrade your cables...more amps means more current means more heat through the wire...too little = melted cables & a fire hazard.
@Jason94sport
Cannot be emphasized enough! In our homes, a 50-amp circuit calls for at least a #6 wire gauge cable, preferably #4 if running very far.

So, a 100-amp. alternator ought to have about #2 main feed between it and the battery. The manufacturers get by with small wires because the distance between the battery and alternator is rarely spanned by the wire over more than maybe 6 feet. Just as with your water hose, bigger means "more juice" capacity. imp

Already was done do to corrosion on battery cables when I got my explorer.

Back