August 2014 TOTM - Biggest Load | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

August 2014 TOTM - Biggest Load

Who has pulled the most??

• RedneckfordF250

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maniak

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Gerald

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • danielwilsey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Froader

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Four0Sport

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish I'd taken a pic when I first bought my X... Before it was even officially mine (bank papers in process), I used it to pick up a compact excavator weighing about 5500 lbs. on a car hauler trailer weighing 1250lbs. I hauled it about 66 miles from Alamogordo, NM home to Las Cruces, NM going over the San Andres Pass on US HWY 70. I was able to keep 65 going up the pass no problem, the X felt very stable, no sway and braking was good, would've been better if I had a trailer brake controller installed. About 55,000 miles and 5.5 years later, I had to replace the trans. due to lack of maintenance, not overworking it (Ford's maintenance spec of 150,000 miles is BS). I've also used my X to haul a few cars, as well as my 20' pontoon which isn't all that heavy, but a major wind-load. My X actually would accelerate better with a car on a car hauler totalling about 5,000 lbs. than it did with the pontoon on trailer totaling about 2,000 lbs. You kids with your V6's... LoL. I am totalling kidding, I know the V6 has it's benefits, please don't get all hurt. ;)

Back