Best cleaner for chrome rims? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best cleaner for chrome rims?

What is your guys opinions on the best cleaner available for chrome wheels? I want somethin simple to use and also i want them to be very clean and shiny. let me know what u recommend!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would say get some of the mothers polish in the red container...good stuff

any reputable wheel shop will tell you the same thing as most chrome wheel owners (i used to be one) - dont use anything but soap and water, and thats it.

neverdull

Windex for chrome. It;s a mirror finish, windex is perfect.

I almost never use anything, except for that twice a year super detail. Usually water and a paper towel are all my rims require. I Do however wax them all the time, it keeps the salt and crap off the chrome and protects them.

I was searching on the site about windex, and a few people were saying it can actually lift the chrome? have u guys heard anything about that?

Been using it for over 4 years on my chrome rims. Nothing is lifting that stuff off there. I also thought windex would be a little harsh, but it came highly recommended by my buddy who works in a wheel shop, his family has run the wheel place for years and they know their stuff. I trust them. Windex works great for those twice a year detail sessions, otherwise water and elbow grese is all you need.

I use to have 18" chrome rims and they were a huge pain to clean. Once that stuff cakes on soap and water will never get it off. I used Mothers in the red bottle when I want that showroom shine. First I always wash them though with the same Meguiars concentrate that I wash my car with. I dry them and then use the mothers to get the best shine and stuff that the soap won't get off. Car wax also works well but doesn't provide the same shine

easy...

soap for dishes and water to clean them... after that, you can use windex to wipe them clean daily or whenever. If that isn't good enough then you aren't cleaning them enough which will kill your finish. Quite simple actually. I do mine every other morning, takes about 10 min...

Re: easy...

Originally posted by LowdPypes
I do mine every other morning, takes about 10 min...

I can say that I honestly respect that, but I just don't have the time or want to do that every morning. I will stick to the Mothers and washing them when I wash my X

Back