Black as night | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black as night

Looks very good BS !!! Great Job !

is it open to the engine compartment at all ?

if so, there will be natural scavenging from the air passing over the vents...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. I believe there are a few little passages here and there but nothing major or direct. I do feel heat coming through after I drive though. Probably just radiating.

Gutsy with the SIDE AIR VENTS, but AWESOME NONETHELESS!

Looking at your EX makes me want to go out right now and have the chrome parts painted or stickered.

thanks for the added pics. I'd love to do this on ours but since it's my wife's I'm sure she'd chit a brick if I said hey hunny i'm going to cut holes in your fenders for some vents LOL

It's easier to apologize than to ask for permission. Besides, she might not notice and if she does just say they were always there haha

lol thats what I did with the gloss black vinyl on the door handles. Except that one is reversable haha.

Oh you guys are sneaky lol... I'm thinking of pulling a similar card for lowering the truck. It will help her get the kids in an out of the truck :) and we might save a little on gas if we get a CAI.

Just not sure what I can say for opening the headlights.

Lowering will save on gas too due to being more aerodynamic ;)
uhh, water got in the lights and you had to get it out.

Lowering will save on gas too due to being more aerodynamic ;)
uhh, water got in the lights and you had to get it out.

Good info for the lowering, I'll tell her I got the info from the guy with the black explorer I keep showing you all the time lol

So my next 2 mods are justified( Gas economy is important to us)

Bstollmsier any chance of you posting video of the truck rolling or pictures beside another vehicle, I'm really hesitant on pulling the trigger on springs.

I could try to get a rolling vid this weekend. I don't know any other explorers so a side by side would be hard although I do have some pics from before my lowering so I could essentially do a side by side that way.

How do you think I justified the rear sway bar on my new F350 ?!?

parts guy - You will save gas with the sway bar!
her - What ?!?!
parts guy - ya know how you have to slow down so much for corners and then get back up to speed? with a sway bar you can corner faster !!!

(She me didn't buy it either :) ) but that's ok - I just wanted the sway bar to keep the truck planted when I DO fly around corners :)

Haha good one with the sway bar, kinda makes sense.

That made my day :)

Hi Bstollmaier, just wanted to check up if you had the time to video the handle removal? have a lot of time to spare this weekend and would like to do this right. Thanks a lot :)

Sorry, forgot about it. Let me see if I can get my wife to hold the camera tonight while I remove them.

wow, didn't realize they were that easy! Thought it had to be undone from behind the door panel or something. That would have made vinyl wrapping my door handles SOOOO much easier! lol

I think I'm going to remove all the handles now and re-wrap them since I'll be able to tuck it around the back side rather than just trimmed to the edge.

Thanks a bunch for the video!!!

Glad I could help

And tell the video person thanks too :)

Great info. Nice video and you well your wife help the camera the right way this time :)

I'm thinking I should wrap mine in satin or matte white vinyl.

So much to do and such crappy weather here in Montreal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you install the wheel spacers?
Tx

Back