• Register Today It's free!

Body over frame?

'04Exploder

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Explorer 4.0 4x4
Is there a way to make an explorer 3rd gen so that its not body on frame and make it so the frame is hidden? I know a ton of work would have to go in to it, but I want to know if its possible.

Thanks, Ryan.:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a way to make an explorer 3rd gen so that its not body on frame and make it so the frame is hidden? I know a ton of work would have to go in to it, but I want to know if its possible.

Anything is possible with enough money. But I don't think converting a frame chassis to a unibody for cosmetic reasons makes financial sense at all. You might as well get a new vehicle...like one of the 2011 and up explorers...they are unibody.

Having said that, the stock type running boards hide the frame just fine....they can be obtained pretty cheaply, and bolt right on.

I don't think there's anything else that you can realistically do about it otherwise.

Anything is possible with enough money. But I don't think converting a frame chassis to a unibody for cosmetic reasons makes financial sense at all. You might as well get a new vehicle...like one of the 2011 and up explorers...they are unibody.

Having said that, the stock type running boards hide the frame just fine....they can be obtained pretty cheaply, and bolt right on.

I don't think there's anything else that you can realistically do about it otherwise.

Hey, thanks for the response. Just wanted to know!

I was thinking of things to do with the exploder and one of the ideas was an 04 cobra termi truck, but $ is an overwhelming factor hahah...:D

If you are wanting to hide the frame, then look around for the frame rail covers. Here's a picture of mine:
IMAG0104_1_zpsdae5d48e.jpg

Edit: Here you go(bottom two w/o running boards)- http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/par...teid=214771&vehicleid=1377671&diagram=MF02560

Anyone know where to get some frame rail covers? NO I DON'T Feel like google'ing it...

Anyone know where to get some frame rail covers? NO I DON'T Feel like google'ing it...

Yes, look under the picture I posted:dpchug:

Back