3rd gen frame coverage after 3" Body lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd gen frame coverage after 3" Body lift?

johnbyler

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer EB
Anyone have any solid ideas of a good way to hide the frame? I plan on getting nerf bars , but I still don't wanna see the frame through the bars. Any ideas? Thanks ,
John :exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think that the nbx models came with plastic frame covers, not sure how that would be with a body lift though

might be worth looking into

could build a fully encasing skid plate of sorts

1) Running Boards
2) Pond Liner

-Dubya

i think that the nbx models came with plastic frame covers, not sure how that would be with a body lift though

might be worth looking into

yeah ive looked into em, cant really find them anywhere. Anyone got a specific name for those covers?

Those came factory on my '02 Limited, so I'm sure you could save a few dollars and pick some up at the junkyard.

As far as I know, my XLS is at stock height, however I can still see the bottom of my frame. Is that normal or is it possible the prior owner already performed a body lift?

As far as I know, my XLS is at stock height, however I can still see the bottom of my frame. Is that normal or is it possible the prior owner already performed a body lift?

Look at the fan shroud. If the lower one has been trimmed or there is a much bigger gap between the fan blades and shroud on the top half vs the bottom half, then it was probably body lifted.

If yours is the same style as mine, you should not see the frame. Here is an old picture of mine:
IMAG0104_1_zpsdae5d48e.jpg

Looks so much cleaner with the frame covers on. I've been to the wrecking yard I-don't-know-how-many-times and have yet to find an Explorer with those.

Back