• Register Today It's free!

Bypass Harness

mf94_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Massachussetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
Anyone know of a good place to get a amplifier bypass harness for a 94 Explorer?

Crutchfeild has them but they want 39.99 for one, seems a bit much to me?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I pretty sure Metra makes a bypass harness.

$39.99?? You sure about that? Was that a web price or did you call them? Was that for the entire wire harness or just the bypass part? It was $9.99 & free shipping last time I needed one last year. They even sent me the removal tools & an instruction sheet.
They are pretty good with small things.

Not sure exactly what it was, it said that I would need to purchase an amplifier bypass kit for $39.99 to install a new head unit. Ill look for it again and see what i can find.

Call them & ask for it. The web will not have just the harness you need. Only the entire kit.
However I saw the harness at Walmart not to long ago, & any good stereo install shop should have one around.

There's several versions. The one I needed for my '95 was the $40 one because it comes with leads to go up to the radio itself because the stock wires from the radio to the amp are not heavy enough to carry the amplified signal.

I was in wal-mart the other day, and they had a bunch of wiring stuff, but i didnt see a bybass harness ill check at some other places, and give crutchfeild a call.

Back