check this out--posted in a mustang forum | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

check this out--posted in a mustang forum

Originally posted by SSIKORA
someone already posted this on this site.
Merging the two threads...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm trying to read all of the posts, but there is too many people on it. I keep on getting bumped off.:(

That sucks but I bet it happens everyday at any given shop. It happened at a shop I used to work at. A tech took out a 98 4runner for a test drive Had a vibration at 35mph well he went 4 wheeling with it rolled it and totaled the truck. Well the guy took my shop to court sued and won he got a new truck and was compinsated verry well for the entire incident. Oh and the tech that did it hasn't been able to get a job at any shops in town.

Sheesh that is shocking. This is WHY you don't hire just anybody for these kinds of jobs. Someone that is irresponsible is bound to do this, especially if they're teenagers or in their early 20's (don't flame me, I'm a teenager myself, and I know what goes on).

That is why you avoid dealers at all costs (for a number of reasons, this being one of them) and screw the warranties.

I'd be so mad if that's my car. Talk about FORD Service?!? I wonder if she can sue FORD and get different 03 Cobra...

juts a tip everytime i go to the shop to get anywork done. I always tell them that i have notated the milage and only expect at the most 1 mile to be put on if it needs more then a 1 mile test drive I ask them to call me to come and ride with them. All the shops I have tolled this to don't have a problem with it.

What exactly happened, I can't get the links to work and I have DSL its going mad slow just on those 2 pages.

Heh i cant read the link either it tells me the site is down. Ive got a friend like that who works at a bmw dealer. he's 19 and gets to drive literally every bmw they make. M3s M5s, 750ils, 850s etc. i beleive the only one he hasnt drivin is the X8. He pounds the living piss outa these cars. Ive heard stories of him getting them up over 90mph and ive seen the burnouts he's done...

What a complete moron. The dumbest thing he did was posting her licence plate name. I hope that guy gets flamed for a long time from all his associates after reading the story.

lol there is a link where you can email him. I tried accessing it but it took too long. Im sure his mailbox is staying full.

HAHa im a porter at a dodge dealership... i can tell you one thing right now... this guy thnks that since it was such a badass car that he had to take it out and beat the living hell out of it.... im not buying it... i work at a dealership with vipers.... i mean cmon thats my dream car but i dont ever go out and beat the living hell out of them.... im soo glad this kid was fired..

she should tie him up to the back of her car and show the punk how fast 140 mph really is. (sorry...not really that demented)

I just read the 14 pages on the site w/ racerat, and about 6 where stangman96 er whatever originally posted... lots of posts... so many, im goin to bed now! :confused:
Pete

i work and test drive customers cars all the time.... are they faster than my explorer? most of them are... they handle better too.... do i speed when i test them? yes.... the speed limit near my work is 40 MPH and customers complain of vibration at 70.... I do drive them hard. BUT that is to try and replicate the problem they are having.... ABUSING a customers car is jacked up.... Abusing YOUR OWN CAR, well, thats another story ;)

Originally posted by jimabena74
ABUSING a customers car is jacked up.... Abusing YOUR OWN CAR, well, thats another story ;)

What about abusing your own jacked up car? hehe:D

just another reason to avoid taking your vehicle in for service :(

Finnaly got the links to work, that is pretty fugged up! And I love how the owner found out about it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back