Computers, Sensors, MILs, CELs, PCM Inputs and More | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Computers, Sensors, MILs, CELs, PCM Inputs and More

How can I get a flash file for a 2004 explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check with your local dealership to do a flash or contact Bama Chips for a chip

-Drew

od doesnt work

the only question i have it may sound dumb but my od doesnt work a new after market computer was put in would that do it i have heard exs dont work right with after markets can any 1 shed some light on this for me ty.sry am i in the right place for this .

What do you mean by aftermarkte computer?

-Drew

it was bought at autozone not a factory replacement.btw a code came up it said power something it was the 5th gear and effexts the od as well thats the only code that came up.

AutoZone sells Cardone remanufactured computers. I'm not a fan of their computers after my previous experience with them. The A4LD transmission only has 4 gears. Find out what code is being thrown.

I believe after reading just a smiggen of this techno-babble I'm damned glad I have a 1st generation Explorer..... Al

Stock '94 (US made) Limited Edition, 4.0L, automatic..

This looks like a good spot to ask my question.

How large of a cam (lift / duration) can be ran with a stock computer, before the computer starts to fight the cam?
More importantly for my application, at what point will the cam cause the engine to fail emissions?

I'm looking at putting the comp cams 410 cam in a 93 4.0 All else stock.

Thanks,

Buhler,........ Buhler,......... Buhler ?

Damn, its so quiet I think can hear a cricket fart.

I must have stumped the experts.

With all the technical expertises on board and no one has any opinion, ideas, or suggestions?

Just thought I'd pop on by and say thanks for all the help. I really could not have done this project without your help.

You have been a wealth of knowledge. I really have learned so much, I can't wait to start my next project. I'm sure with all the techincal assistance I will be modifying my spragg clutch, installing C clip eliminators, setting up 3rd members like a pro.

The next time I need help reading my code scaner or deciding which air filter will make my motor the most radical I'll give you a call:thumbsup:

The head-bone connected to the neck-bone,
the neck-bone connected to the back-bone
The backbone connected to the thigh-bone
the thighbone connected to the kee-bone
the kneebone connected to the leg bone
the leg bone connected to the foot bone
Oh hear the word of the Lord
By what I'm reading, the ECM (automobile computer) should be renamed CATASTROPHIC CONVERTER.

not the ect sensor still wont start check gages on & od light still flashing what do check next and how

my 2002 4.6 wont start and all my miles are -------- and all lights are illuminated on my dash. there is no click or anything when i turn the key. i changed the computer out and the same problem is still happening. anyone know what this could be?

did you reprogram computer for the keys ford told me that for the car to run it has to be patched in in to the p.a.t. system brooklyn bay may be able to tell you more he has helped me can i ask what was wrong to be begin with i am stil work ing on my wifes

i did not reprogram it but i think that my problem lies in my broken instrument cluster. i ordered a new one and it should be here today. idk what started this it just stalled out at a red light and hasnt started since.

wasnt the instrument cluster...... idk wtf to do now. any other ideas of what is wrong?

Now, someone just needs to make a write-up on which ECM a vehicle would have, I have been researching for a long time, and cannot find any info to figure out which ECM I am suppose to have. Or how I am suppose to tell which one I have.

The Differential Pressure Feedback Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System Monitor is an on-board strategy designed to test the integrity and flow characteristics of the EGR system. The monitor is activated during EGR system operation and after certain base engine conditions are satisfied. Input from the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) , Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) , Intake Air Temperature (IAT) , Throttle Position (TP) and Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensors is required to activate the EGR System Monitor. Once activated, the EGR System Monitor will perform each of the tests described below during the engine modes and conditions indicated. Some of the EGR System Monitor tests are also performed during on demand self-test.

The differential pressure feedback EGR sensor and circuit are continuously tested for opens and shorts. The monitor looks for the Differential Pressure Feedback EGR circuit voltage to exceed the maximum or minimum allowable limits. The DTCs associated with this test are DTCs P1400 and P1401.

The EGR vacuum regulator solenoid is continuously tested for opens and shorts. The monitor looks for an EGR Vacuum Regulator circuit voltage that is inconsistent with the EGR Vacuum Regulator circuit commanded output state.

The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) associated with this test is DTC P1409.
The test for a stuck open EGR valve or EGR flow at idle is continuously performed whenever at idle (TP sensor indicating closed throttle). The monitor compares the Differential Pressure Feedback EGR circuit voltage at idle to the Differential Pressure Feedback EGR circuit voltage stored during key on engine off to determine if EGR flow is present at idle. The DTC associated with this test is DTC P0402.

The differential pressure feedback EGR sensor upstream hose is tested once per drive cycle for disconnect and plugging. The test is performed with EGR valve closed and during a period of acceleration. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) will momentarily command the EGR valve closed. The monitor looks for the differential pressure feedback EGR sensor voltage to be inconsistent for a no flow voltage. A voltage increase or decrease during acceleration while the EGR valve is closed may indicate a fault with the signal hose during this test. The DTC associated with this test is DTC P1405.

The EGR flow rate test is performed during a steady state when engine speed and load are moderate and EGR vacuum regulator duty cycle is high. The monitor compares the actual Differential Pressure Feedback EGR circuit voltage to a desired EGR flow voltage for that state to determine if EGR flow rate is acceptable or insufficient. This is a system test and may trigger a DTC for any fault causing the EGR system to fail. The DTC associated with this test is DTC P0401. DTC P1408 is similar to P0401 but performed during KOER Self-Test conditions.

The MIL is activated after one of the above tests fails on two consecutive drive cycles.
Hi,

The code I am receiving is P1405, "Differential Pressure EGR Upstream Hose Off or Plugged". Any idea as to where I should start checking? Thank you.

Opps! Never mind. I did not read far enough down on the post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excellent! Might want to post the FORD definition of a "drive cycle" if you have that handy. People do not understand how and when a set DTC will disappear....(absent further need for it to continue).

This is a good start on these forums! Thanks!

drive cycle to clear computer

Back