Couple issues with 2001 Explorer XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Couple issues with 2001 Explorer XLS

Hybu

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLS
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

Just recently my power windows have stopped working, i've checked all the fuses but nothing seems to be blown. The led that light up the window switches stopped working AND the HUD on the dash also doesnt work (I.e odometer/trip thing) Power locks work fine though.

Second, the vent airflow isnt working correctly, I only get airflow from the defroster and the floor vents, nothing from the face vents.

Any and all help is appreciated :]

I'm not real familiar with 2nd gens, so this will be a bit vague. Sounds like a wiring issue... check both the inner fuse box and the one under the hood. Double check the fuses with a multimeter set on the "check continuity" mode (usually will beep if continuity is good) or use the resistance measurement mode to check that the fuses don't have infinite resistance (blown). You can check at the tops of all the fuses without even pulling them out of the box. if the fuses aren't blown, check related relays. If the relay part numbers match you can swap them around and see what happens. You can also get a wiring diagram from a Chilton's/Haynes book and trace the circuits and wires to see what's getting power and what's not.

For the vent thing, again I am not familiar with second gens but do a search on the forum for Blend Door Fix. Maybe that is the issue you are having, as it is a very common one.

Back