Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dash/ instrument cluster swap

Discussion in 'Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by XLTyler83, January 25, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. XLTyler83

XLTyler83 Member

City, State:
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2004 XLT 4x4 Loaded
    Hello everyone. Though there may not be anyone wanting to do this I have recently noticed through YouTube many F-150 and super duty owners replacing their dash and instrument cluster, steering wheel, even the center console with something often 10-15 years newer. though I’m sure it comes easier to them I for once have the time and cash and would like to hear from anyone w any knowledge about say the 2006-2010 dash and how easily it might mount up. I’ve recently installed pioneer AVh-2330 NEX with a backup camera I am really aiming to modify the interior and I like the 4th gen interior if it’s usable. I know the center console won’t work due to the shifter bein in the way in the 4gen.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.