Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Wanted Does anybody know where to get a new tailgate hinge for a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Jdtguitarrista19, June 26, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Jdtguitarrista19

Jdtguitarrista19 New Member

City, State:
      Boca Raton, FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2001 Explorer XLT
      I have looked everywhere and it is too hard to get to a junk yard. I can't get them in auto part stores either. Anyone have any ideas? :exp:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. HR57

HR57 Member

City, State:
      Hampton Roads, VA.
      '01 Explorer Sport
      You could try ford parts giant, www.fordpartsgiant.com, they list parts available at ford dealers.
      Or you can try Vintage Parts, www.vpartsinc.com, they sell outdated parts for every car make. They're a bit hard to navigate though.

4. Stic-o

Stic-o Elite Movie Star Elite Explorer

Media:
      City, State:
      Lake View Terrace, CA
      '91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
      for the glass or the whole door? I just tossed some door ones not to long ago I think. I do have some ones for the glass though.

5. RomeovilleIL

RomeovilleIL Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Illinois
      98 LTD, 00 XLT
      The hatch hinge is ford part #42900 Hinge - Rear Liftgate Door (same part both left and right side). Dealer list is $41.78 each. Per their website the same hinge is used on many model years and other truck/van lines. The fordparts website lists a bunch of dealerships in your area of FL with it in stock.