Wanted - Does anybody know where to get a new tailgate hinge for a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Does anybody know where to get a new tailgate hinge for a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT?

Parts or services wanted

Jdtguitarrista19

Reaction score
City, State
Boca Raton, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT
I have looked everywhere and it is too hard to get to a junk yard. I can't get them in auto part stores either. Anyone have any ideas? :exp:

You could try ford parts giant, www.fordpartsgiant.com, they list parts available at ford dealers.
Or you can try Vintage Parts, www.vpartsinc.com, they sell outdated parts for every car make. They're a bit hard to navigate though.

for the glass or the whole door? I just tossed some door ones not to long ago I think. I do have some ones for the glass though.

The hatch hinge is ford part #42900 Hinge - Rear Liftgate Door (same part both left and right side). Dealer list is $41.78 each. Per their website the same hinge is used on many model years and other truck/van lines. The fordparts website lists a bunch of dealerships in your area of FL with it in stock.

Back