• Register Today It's free!

electrical problem

lyonsduo

Reaction score
City, State
Orland Park, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mountaineer
hi guys i got a new montaineer well new for me it is a 2002 anyways when i went to put my radar detector in it the front power outlet had no power i checked it with a multimeter. I then went thru all the fuses and check to make sure they were good. (they were) So i figured that maybe i had a bad outlet. I pulled the plastic cover off popped out the lighter plug and checked the wires (One was brown with a pink strip and the other was black). I came to find out there was no power going threw them. Now im stumped and don't know where to go from here anyone know where these wires terminate at? Also i checked the rear lighter plug and it is good the power for it taps into the other wires i believe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have got the same problem . Just bought a portable DVD player & can't use the plug . It seems strange all of a sudden no juice to the conector .

I just got off the phone with one of the service guys @ the dealership where I bought my explorer . He said you really can't tell if the fuse is bad by looking at it . On my explorer it is one of the new stle fuses that has the clear top . The filament is real small . He said to check the fuse , there are 2 slots on either side of the fuse to put a test light . Leave it plugged in the fuse box with the key on for the test .

Just got back to the house . There is no place to put a test light in the fuse itself . But I went ahead & replaced both fuses . I bet your fuse box is set up like mine , if it is the fuse in the #9 spot was bad .

i took each fuse out and tested them individualy with an ohm meter and they were all good so it isn't the fuses

Back