Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

engine stand

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by Lifted92, December 23, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Lifted92

Lifted92 New Member

City, State:
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1992 sport
    i just got an engine for a 302 im about to rebuild to swap in my explorer. i want and need to know the bolt thread to hold the block on the stand. if anyone knows the thread pitch that would be greatly greatly appreciative. thank you.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Backwoods "X"

Backwoods "X" Active Member

City, State:
    Mt. Sterling, Ky
    94 XLT
    If I remember correctly, it is a 3/8th 16. If you have any bellhousing bolts for the SB, just go match one up and DO NOT use a "3" or lower graded bolt....unless you want to consider maybe practicing how to remove sheared/ broken bolts from an engine.

4. Lifted92

Lifted92 New Member

City, State:
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    1992 sport
    I found the size on a mustang forum which was 7/16x14. Before I bought grade 8 bolts for it I did run out and steal a bell housing bolt off the trans to make sure of the size.

5. Totalled

Totalled Active Member

City, State:
    Tumwater, Wa
    1985 BroncoII Eddie Bauer
    the head bolts (if you're not reusing them) work well for holding it on a stand.