Ford Best-Perceived Brand... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Best-Perceived Brand...

Cannot get a F150 with a stick. The bed is too high. I would consider a Raptor, if I somepalce to drive it.

You know the real story is how Ford was able to survive without the bailout. As I understand, around 2006, Ford hit the recession wall before GM and Chrysler. They basically did what what GM and Chrysler did to survive, UAW contracts and a bunch of money from the Ford family. A Ford family member (I do not recall who) took over as the CEO without pay. They did what they had to do to survive.

It seems to me a fordhead that the story is how Ford motors reorginized and without government intervention. They were almost toast. I dont really care about the other two I like Fords. I see a sense of pride, not because of what someone else did, but of what Ford Motors and the Ford family did.
Very well said -- Ford recognized a problem and did what they needed in order to survive and get back into profitability.

Didn't they sell Volvo and Land Rover to raise cash?
Yes and no, I believe. Those brands weren't doing well, and although Ford bought these two to diversify, the brands did not work -- very similar to when Ford bought Jaguar (to also diversify) and then lost millions on that deal. Ford should have concentrated on their brands 1st, including Lincoln and Mercury. Then, maybe the whole situation at Ford would be entirely different these days -- they could possibly have made even more money.

Yes (Mercury being dead) and Lincoln being in a very dangerous place.

Back