• Register Today It's free!

Gary

willllie2002

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Hi! My name is Gary. I'm 66 years old and I love life! I have had a hard time getting a new/old transmission back into my 1991 Ford XLT. My old one completely fell apart, case and all. I bought a used one from a place here in Grants Pass, OR and after getting it all hooked up to the extension and tranny and installed with the help of some very good friends, we found out the one I bought was the wrong one. It took forever to get the salvage yard to replace it with the right one - I mean a LOT of arguing, etc. I'm sure many of you have experienced this same kind of negative service. Finally, after many weeks, I got another tranny and it is the right one. I'm physically disabled and have to have help with the lifting, etc. My income is fixed and very low, so I cannot pay much to have someone install it for me. My friends are all working very long hours and weeks so they are'nt able to help. I am also the guardian of a six year old girl. I need to find out certain things concerning the 5 speed tranny that I'm going to put back into our EXP.

Please excuse me because I have to get some sleep - we get up very early. I will continue this thread tomorrow evening or night. By the way, this is the first time I have done this, so please excuse any mess-ups I might do. I'm happy to have found your website. Thanks and goodnight! Gary

G'day Gary:):thumbsup:

Back