• Register Today It's free!

goose

gooose

Reaction score
City, State
Barkhamsted, Conn
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
I have a '96 Explorer that had been idle for about 9 months. I replaced the brakes, (front pads,rotors,rear pads,rotors and calipers). All seemed well till the rear brake line rusted. decided to replace all steel lines at this time! I now have a spongy pedal after some serious bleeding trys. I will get back to that later....Week later car won,t start. Replace starter selenoid, back in business? Within couple days again no start. Starter fried. Replace and now still no start but when jump across selenoid does turn over. I have no juice at ignition terminal on selenoid with key in start position? Does anyone have any suggestions for this backyard gearhead?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the info! It was just a fuse inside. I haven't been as active in repair work as I should since the kids moved out. :)

gooose

Good mornin, OK I am going to have to upgrade my tools as I am doing another brake repair on a ,01 Ranger where the master has run dry. I will be needing a scanner to cycle the ABS solenoid? I will research this to be sure all the ducks are in a row.

Any advice you can provide will be appreciated!

Back