Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

goose

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gooose, July 30, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. gooose

gooose New Member

City, State:
      Barkhamsted, Conn
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '96 XLT
      I have a '96 Explorer that had been idle for about 9 months. I replaced the brakes, (front pads,rotors,rear pads,rotors and calipers). All seemed well till the rear brake line rusted. decided to replace all steel lines at this time! I now have a spongy pedal after some serious bleeding trys. I will get back to that later....Week later car won,t start. Replace starter selenoid, back in business? Within couple days again no start. Starter fried. Replace and now still no start but when jump across selenoid does turn over. I have no juice at ignition terminal on selenoid with key in start position? Does anyone have any suggestions for this backyard gearhead?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum! Did you check the fuses? As for the brake issue, you need to use a scanner which is capable of cycling the ABS solenoid block while bleeding the brakes.

4. gooose

gooose New Member

City, State:
      Barkhamsted, Conn
      '96 XLT
      Thanks for the info! It was just a fuse inside. I haven't been as active in repair work as I should since the kids moved out. :)

5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Thanks for the update! It sounded like it was a fuse.

6. gooose

gooose New Member

City, State:
      Barkhamsted, Conn
      '96 XLT
      gooose

Good mornin, OK I am going to have to upgrade my tools as I am doing another brake repair on a ,01 Ranger where the master has run dry. I will be needing a scanner to cycle the ABS solenoid? I will research this to be sure all the ducks are in a row.

Any advice you can provide will be appreciated!