Hi, my name's -=C=-, and I'm a newbie | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi, my name's -=C=-, and I'm a newbie

-=c=-

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD
Hello all...Just got a 98 explorer EB for our second car (also have a 2000 Ranger 4.0).

explorer1.jpg

Great deal...84k miles, V8, AWD, loaded, etc. Picked it up at a Land Rover dealership for $7700.

Anyway, I hope I won't be seen as double posting, but I'll ask here as well.

The shocks seem worn (possibly never changed, but I hope not...it's at 84k miles), and I wondered what people here recommended I get. It has the load leveling at the button that switches from normal ride to Off-road (what does that do btw, since it's not in the owner's manual?).

Here's to many great posts and finds on your forums...I come from nasioc.com so if you know any subie lovers send them that way...

:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site. Post about your Ranger in Our Ranger section also.

-=c=- said:
...I come from nasioc.com so if you know any subie lovers send them that way...

:)
Welcome , I had a Impreza Turbo before the Explorer , it was great fun , I used to find http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk a great site over here in the UK :D

Dave

Welcome, good looking x ;)

thanks for the replies guys....I'll be sure and post about the ranger as well.

welcome .so what are you gonna do to your explorer?

I saw that username and said, hey, somebody from NASIOC has that same username! I'm WR^2X over there... I tried helping you out with that Ranger problem you had a while ago... Don't remember the specifics. (That was you, right?) Sean (Trunkmonkey) is over here as well.

cool deal B94sport...Sean's here too huh? Is it his or Buggirl's explorer?

SubEd has one too.

95offroadx, I doubt I'll do anything much to it, since it's the wife's baby carrier.

Welcome to the site. The off road switch inflates air bags on the rear axle to give extra ground clearence. A lot of members here like the Edelbroc IAC's(I think thats the model), and the Monroe Sensatracs are also recomended by quite a few members as an affordable replacement. The Edelbroc's are probably popular becasue they make a shock for a lowered Explorer.

Hey everyone im new to all this, i just bought a 95 ford explorer i want to lift it 8-9 inches. i have been searching for days straight and i cant find a thing. nothing is made for a 95 explorer, its almost like it was never made. can anyone help me lift my explorer?

welcome

Original post from 12-21-2004, 10:20 PM

:p::p::p::p:

Back