Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

high idle fix (redneck)

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by wak4lyfe, June 14, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. wak4lyfe

wak4lyfe New Member

City, State:
      longview wa
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1997 explorer xlt 4.0 soh
      ok so here i go so i got this 1996 ranger with a 4.0 that had a high idle due to the iac not closing all the way.so i sprayed it out and nothing..anyways i was messing around and made a gasket i cut out the diameter of the iac poked out my two bolt holes.then i poked two tiny holes in the ports and hey what do you know it idles perfect i know im going to need a new iac soon but hey it beats the 2k high idle problem anyways i hope this helps some people...now i just gotta figure out why my 4x4 actuator is not working lol :rangerred::rangerred::rangerred::rangerred::rangerred:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.