How do you remove the door panels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do you remove the door panels?

Slick

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport 2wd
I need to know how to remove the front door panels on my 95 sport. I'm sure everyone will say check the "useful threads' section, and i did but it wouldnt work on my comp for some reason, so could someone please tell me how to do it? thank you very much

slick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there are a few screws holding it on.... other than that you just need to pop the retaining clips out by pulling on it and then lifting the panel out of the window groove.... thats about it.....

go to autozone and get a haynes manual on your truck. this will come in handy for MANY things to maintain/fix on your truck and is only about 10 smackers. it will you step by step how to remove your door panels.(with pictures!!!)

It is best to use a door panel removal tool, which is a lonf flat piece of metal available at Crutchfield. If you just pu;; it off, you can rear the panewl and brake the plastic clips.

Good luck.....

or...another thing that helps in removing those clips is a fork with the two middle prongs bent back....of course it ll depends on the fork...but I have found this to work pretty well.

Get the panel removal too. Ive busted way too many clips not using one.

I just used a flat head screwdriver when I replaced the 4 speakers on my car and it worked just fine.

Originally posted by jimabena74
there are a few screws holding it on.... other than that you just need to pop the retaining clips out by pulling on it and then lifting the panel out of the window groove.... thats about it.....

Thats a good way to damage the panel and retaining clips. Use the proper tool.

Good luck.....

Can you buy this tool at like an autozone or somethin?

Not sure about that. But try a stereo store or order from Crutchfield. They are only a few dollars.

Good luck....

Yup, panel puller is about $4 at Autozone.

Back