How to: END ALL 98-01 REAR WIPER PROBLEMS! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: END ALL 98-01 REAR WIPER PROBLEMS!

Can anyone suggest where to get rear wiper blade, other than dealer? I have looked at the major chains, even bough a cheapie to pull the blade and swap into carrier...no luck! Thanks!

If you still have the OEM wiper blade, the insert from a Trico 14-2 will fit into it, http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-wiper-blade-refill-insert-trico-14-2.428411/

NAPA carries a rebadged Trico 14-2 also. I bought one from there, but I can't remember the part number.

FYI, the Trico 14-2 and the NAPA blade will not fit physically onto the rear arm. You would have to trim some of the arm so the blade could actually slide onto the post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone just removed the rear wiper assembly completely? I'm not used to a vehicle with a rear wiper so I don't think to even use it when it rains. I might just keep the squirter nozzle but re-aim it so I can deter tail-gaters or hit pedestrians. :)

It’s been removed. Some plate it over with a gasketed washer, some have gotten rid of it with body work and paint.

I fixed mine because it’s helpful in the heavy snow back home.

I love this! Some metal work and bondo to the old mounts and you could have a perfectly clean back end. :)

I wonder..... would a newer X with the right colour tailgate bolt right on?
Yes it does i did it

Yes it does i did it
Well done, and did you find one without any holes in the hatch, bottom edge? Every 01-03 Sport I've seen has a very wide trim on the hatch, and they have lots of holes in the hatch for mounting clips.

I finally got mine bent correctly. Probably been messing with it for 2 years. Full glass coverage wiping and still lands/starts fine.

BY chance would the complete back hatch assembly from an 02-03 sport fit a 99 explorer or does it have to be the glass only? My hatch and everything inside of it needs to be replaced so I thought that would be the perfect opportunity time to perform this upgrade.

They will swap, but the wiring is slightly different, including the hole where it goes out. If you're doing it for the wiper, then that will be easiest. But also note the 02/03 Sport's usually have large trim pieces along the bottom. Those have many holes in the hatch itself to hold that trim on.

Back