I can't shut the heated seat off on my 2005 Eddie Bauer! It's summer!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I can't shut the heated seat off on my 2005 Eddie Bauer! It's summer!!!

noreastcarnut

Reaction score
City, State
Rockport Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I push and push the passenger side heated seat switch, but it stays on. How can I shut it off until winter? It's 95 degrees here now!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had this issue and the switch was rooted constantly on
In short pull the fuse out

I would say either pull the fuse like mendy said or unplug it under the seat.

Fuse #11 under the dash.

25plcuh.jpg

That fuse block is so inconvenient!
My wiring diagram shows yellow/Lt-blu going to the butt heater, then to the seat back heater, still with yellow/Lt-blu, then a black to ground. If you can find a connector with yellow/Lt-blu and a black, that will probably unplug the heaters from under the seat.

I've had that problem before , I just pulled the cap off and sprayed the inside of the switch with wd-40 and it worked for about a year or so.

I had same issue. I just replaced the switch and now it works perfect again. If I recall I got it on rockauto and it was too expensive. In the meantime can also just unplug the wire harness to the plug until the new one comes or pull the fuse. Both will work.

Back